Thread: Castellini needs to eat Milton's contract!

MLB ERA

Castellini needs to eat Milton's contract!

Even though these are only ST games, he has looked awful. Unless he gets a lot better once the season starts, he needs to go. He SHOULD anyway.

I had thought since this is the last year of his contract that he would have a good year (by Miltonian standards at least), but I'm starting to wonder now.

He is the biggest ditch in a rotation that might still have too many potholes.

Lohse at least has better stuff, is younger and has shown signs of quality pitching at times.

I think Saarloos AND Belisle should be in the rotation with Lohse.

Milton should just go away.

I much prefer: Harang, Arroyo, Saarloos, Belisle and Lohse to Harang, Arroyo, Milton, Lohse and Saarloos or whatever order the team has pondered.

The first rotation at least has SOME potential to be decent. The second one is scary with both Milton/Lohse inserted in the middle range of it.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    "Eric Milton gave up five home runs in six innings to the Single-A Pirates. He gave up 11 hits and threw 93 pitches."

-John Fay
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I heard someone who saw him talking that he looked like 2005's Eric Milton, not the "good" 2005 (which was beyond terrible) but the "Oh my God, I can't believe that qualifies to be one of the better paid pitchers in the league." Granted Milton looked surprisingly decent at some points last year, everything with him hinges on a tricky injury and if that acts up.... he's a goner. And even though this is just one game, Milton is a pitcher who gives 9,10,11 hits pretty frequently... against MLB hitters, but c'mon. Again, I know it's one game but with Milton, it counts a lot more than an actual talented pitcher getting into a rough outing.

It's not just that his stuff poor, but his consistency doesn't seem to exist. Any roster spot, even the 5th spot with limited chances in April, could be better used. The Reds for once have some actual depth with young pitchers, let's just hope they use it. Milton won't be cut, but stick him in the pen and trade Cormier off, so we can at least free up a roster spot for a guy like Burton (or a rotation spot for Livingston.)

MLB ERA
    What's the most scary part of it all is he has been awful in ST against MLB hitters and now he gets crushed even WORSE against Single A hitters as we get closer to Opening Day.

Even for Milton, 5 HR in 6 IP against a Single A lineup is beyond words.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    I heard someone who saw him talking that he looked like 2005's Eric Milton, not the "good" 2005 (which was beyond terrible) but the "Oh my God, I can't believe that qualifies to be one of the better paid pitchers in the league." Granted Milton looked surprisingly decent at some points last year, everything with him hinges on a tricky injury and if that acts up.... he's a goner. And even though this is just one game, Milton is a pitcher who gives 9,10,11 hits pretty frequently... against MLB hitters, but c'mon. Again, I know it's one game but with Milton, it counts a lot more than an actual talented pitcher getting into a rough outing.

It's not just that his stuff poor, but his consistency doesn't seem to exist. Any roster spot, even the 5th spot with limited chances in April, could be better used. The Reds for once have some actual depth with young pitchers, let's just hope they use it. Milton won't be cut, but stick him in the pen and trade Cormier off, so we can at least free up a roster spot for a guy like Burton (or a rotation spot for Livingston.)
    I caught part of the game yesterday vs Boston and I liked what I saw from Livingston, maybe a bit of a reach to expect him to be in the rotatition from the get go maybe someone like Saarloos?

How's ERam, Lohse, Saarloos, and Livingston looked this spring in comparison to Milton. Has Belisle been working as a starter in ST or out of the pen mostly? Maybe theres another Bronson Special before the season starts .
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Apparently Marty said on tonight's broadcat that Milton will be "at best" the No. 5 starter based on rumblings around the team. Hmm.

Could dreams really come true?!

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, but neither of the B Boys were in particularly good moves. I would have to imagine the at best is more of a Marty add on just based on how he was tonight. Then again, the Reds could start him out on the DL, hope someone else succeeds in his place and then feel "justified" in putting a contract like that in the pen.

MLB ERA
    Yeah, I heard a little on the way to get dinner and Marty was mentioning how the Red Sox media told them about the long slumps Gonzalez goes through offensively.

I wonder what had their feathers ruffled tonight?

Nice theory about Milton, though I still want them to eat that contract. Castellini needs to prove his "burning desire to win."

The only type of burning involved with Milton is heart-burn.