Thread: Adam Dunn???

Bleeder of Black and Gold BnGBleeder's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Reds Adam Dunn???

What are Reds fans views on Dunn?

I have a friend who is a Reds fan and he is all over Dunn's jockstrap.But I can't take my friend's word for it because he's a jackass.

I know he strikes out a lot,do you guys feel he's a bigger help or hurt to the team?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Considering he was by far the Reds biggest run creator last season, anyone who thinks he is a detriment to the team is just out of their mind. That isn't to say that many (myself included) isn't disappointed in Dunn from time to time (especially in regards to his slumps and his defense) but that is due largely to many feeling that he can be much better than his current output and we're hoping he'll get to that level that many predicted he would be at already.

C you there
    MLB ERA
    mission said everything that is needed

Dunn is a great player, not perfect he has plenty of room to improve but I wouldn't give him up for anyone

Bleeder of Black and Gold BnGBleeder's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Okay thanks guys.I figured I would ask for your opinions because my friend also thinks that the Reds should trade for Barry Bonds.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by BnGBleeder View Post
    Okay thanks guys.I figured I would ask for your opinions because my friend also thinks that the Reds should trade for Barry Bonds.
    uh yeah.. i think that should tell you wether you should listen to him.. no way in ****ing hell do we want Barry Bonds.

unlike most guys on this board, I don't like Adam Dunn.. I think he is extremely overrated by Reds fans.. IF he was worth what Reds fans think he is, I would trade him for a pitcher anyday of the week, but unfortunately, he isn't worth a great starting pitcher.. so IMO we keep him in the lineup, K's and all, so he can hit his 40 HR's 98-100 RBI, and .230.. but atleast his OBP is good.. He is never going to get better, we all expected him to, its just never going to happen.. what you get is what you see.. he will play everday because he has been nothing but durable.. so that is always a plus.. I would like him more if people(reds fans) didn't over rate him so much..

C you there
    MLB ERA
    I rate him as he is

he's a great player, not every player is perfect, every player has some flaw in them

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D™ View Post
    I rate him as he is

he's a great player, not every player is perfect, every player has some flaw in them
    no you are overrating him right there, he is a good player, not a great player.. he does 2 things.. hits Home Runs and Walks.. and its not like he does 2 things great and then everything else OK, no he does 2 things Great and is horrible in just about every other facet of the game.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLman2033 View Post
    no you are overrating him right there, he is a good player, not a great player.. he does 2 things.. hits Home Runs and Walks.. and its not like he does 2 things great and then everything else OK, no he does 2 things Great and is horrible in just about every other facet of the game.
    does he still produce runs?
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild View Post
    does he still produce runs?
    well I will give him this, he is the best Offensive player on the Reds Team. But compared to the other Great Players around the league, he is still just a good player.. He does produce runs, but not enough to make him a great player.. even with his 40 home runs he is still lucky to get 100 RBI.. which means a lot of solo and 2 run home Runs.. and sure you can say that he can't get on base for the players that bat ahead of him, I am talking about how many RBI doubles do you see him get.. I have seen him come to plate with 1 out runners on 1st and 2nd many times and do nothing but strike out.. when all we would need is a decently placed ball to get the runner over, hell a hit could get a guy in.. but what does he do, he strikes out.. and lets not even talk about what he does with say runners on 1st and 3rd with 1 out.. again.. he strikes out when a fly ball would get a run in.. I think if people wouldn't just look at his HR's and OBP.. and thing he is this fantastic ball player, I wouldn't get on him so much, the bottom line is.. I am not impressed with what I see in him day in and day out.. ok that is over stating a bit, he does hit some amazing homeruns.. which is all nice and pretty for the fans.. but its what he does inbetween HR's that matter.. his BB's are nice... a lot better then a guy like say Reggie Jackson.. I just wish he would (I say this knowing CRF30 will jump my shit) he would put the ball in play more.. if he could decrease his K numbers.. by making better contact, he would see his BA and RBI numbers increase.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    If you guys dont want him send him to Minnesota! We would love to have finally an everyday DH! He alone would add 13 wins extra every year. We would win over 105 games a year.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    If you guys dont want him send him to Minnesota! We would love to have finally an everyday DH! He alone would add 13 wins extra every year. We would win over 105 games a year.
    trust me, you wouldn't want to give up what he is worth for him, let alone what Reds fans think he is worth

C you there
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    There is no one and I mean NO ONE that anyone can give us that can replace him, other then another Ken Griffey Jr

We do want him, ignore what NFLman says, he's well loved, he's what the Reds need, if only we could have more like him, and like Jr

MLB ERA
    There is no one and I mean NO ONE that anyone can give us that can replace him, other then another Ken Griffey Jr

We do want him, ignore what NFLman says, he's well loved, he's what the Reds need, if only we could have more like him, and like Jr
    i wouldn't really compare jr's skills PRESENT DAY to dunns skills at all

i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

C you there
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLman2033 View Post
    He does produce runs, but not enough to make him a great player
    yes he does produce Runs, but how many runs does he need to produce for you to think of him the way he is.

any other person that strikes out as much as him wouldn't even do as great as he does at bat with all his Home Run's and RBI's, you don't think he can improve well, people can improve everyone can, and he will continue to be our best player along with Griffey on our team

AAA ERA
    yes he does produce Runs, but how many runs does he need to produce for you to think of him the way he is.

any other person that strikes out as much as him wouldn't even do as great as he does at bat with all his Home Run's and RBI's, you don't think he can improve well, people can improve everyone can, and he will continue to be our best player along with Griffey on our team
    i'm waiting, been waiting for 4 years for him to improve.. i will believe it when i see it