Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Josh Hamilton; Starting CF?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Whats up Dunn#44?

I think what he is saying is that none of us expected much of anything out of Guillen. But he showed up and his talents took over. Guillen had something to prove and he did that. Hamilton is comparable because he has to prove himself as did Guillen and hopefully he will become that mega talent Guillen was.

I think it is closer to match Hamilton up with Wily Mo. Tremendous raw talent that will help out but we will have to be patient to see that talent come through. I am very excited about this addition, but I just hope the team has the patience they need to give him time to make things happen.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    per Trent's Blog:

Josh Hamilton's last home run? 2002. He hit 9 in 2002 before having season-ending surgery on July 18 of that year.

Add to that -- he called it.

Hamilton and David Ross were talking before that at-bat. Ross was counting all the homers that had been hit already during the game. Hamilton then said, "You forgot one." After Ross looked at him, Hamilton continued, "The one I'm going to hit."

And did he ever.

With all that Hamilton has been through, you could just see the excitement on his face and how much being out here -- forget the home run -- meant to him.

We've been debating this since the beginning of spring training. At first I was in the minority that I thought they'd keep him. I don't think I am anymore. I'd even put money on it. I'll be shocked if he isn't a Red in 2008.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12