Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 5/12 - Reds vs Phillies - Can we win a series?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Randa just missed a great play. Off his glove for a base hit from Burrell. Now we are in huge trouble guys! 1 out.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Griffey barely makes the catch for out number 2. 1 more Graves, come on!

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Griffey catches a popup just behind 2nd.....I really like watching him in Center

MLB ERA
    Nice K...Game over boys

MLB ERA
    Graves might have turned the corner for a few games with tonights' performance. He had more movement on his pitches tonight than at any single point in time this year. His curve ball even looked good. Let's hope he continues making that ERA go down and doing it with the WHIP going down although it didn't tonight.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Graves gets the save! He did look nice tonight. He had his best stuff of the year so far, even though he still made it dramatized. But we get the win and are on our way to a series win. Not great pitching from Ortiz tonight, but the bullpen came in and did some good work. Bad calls all around the diamond and good outfield throwing helps us out. But the biggest thing was Griffey and Dunn's bats tonight. Just as I asked where has Dunn been? He hits a blast that was just crushed. Then he does it again. Both off the first pitch, which could be a sign of what he will be doing more of this year. He was aggressive tonight no doubt. Good win!

MVP: Dunn

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by bipster
    Graves might have turned the corner for a few games with tonights' performance. He had more movement on his pitches tonight than at any single point in time this year. His curve ball even looked good. Let's hope he continues making that ERA go down and doing it with the WHIP going down although it didn't tonight.
    I am not too sure that Graves will ever get his WHIP down. But it was very good to have you here in the late innings for our good luck bipster!

MLB ERA
    I had the game on the whole time while doing work around the house. Had to close the game out with a bang by actually posting. Way to keep the thread alive redsrbetter

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Thanks, good game!

MLB ERA
    MVP: Dunn

Finally a win.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Hey guys, I am really sorry I wasn't able to participate tonight. I was waiting around to hear word on my Grandpa's condition and at about 9 he was taken into the hospital. So I may be on sporadically the next few days. For some reason he wasn't taking his blood pressure medication as prescribed, we don't know if it is because he felt he didn't need to or that he is just getting forgetful (or a bit of both.) Anyway, he should bounce back if he gets on track with that. I guess my Grandma will have to be in charge of that.

Anyway, I was able to watch the first few innings and hear a few on the way to the hospital.... great offensive effort. Griffey and Dunn both going yard?!? That's what we have been waiting for! Hopefully this is a slump buster and we'll see a different team now.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Hey mission, I hope your Grandfather is doing well. Sorry to hear of his problem man.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Thanks man. Supposedly he is doing a lot better this morning. I am going out to see him later on, maybe watch the game with him if he feels up to it and they let me. He was the one who taught me how to play when I was little.

MLB ERA
    Good to hear he's doing better mission! I hope everything works out for him, as I can tell how close you are too him. And I know all about that, as my grandpa who died right before Easter a couple of years ago was very close to me and the rest of his grandchildren.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678