Thread: Griff injured per usual

Griff injured per usual

Apparently he broke his hand at his house. Will be in a cast for 3 weeks. My guess is opening a can of fruit cocktail. He seems fragile enough to break a bone doing nearly anything.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yep I heard this on the radio in my car just now too. It was a kitchen accident of some sort. This offseason sucks to the worst degree..

MLB ERA
    Dave Goltz, pitcher for the Twins and Dodgers, burned his hand badly enough cooking on a grill in his back yard that he had to go on the DL. The Japanese reliever for the Mariners pulled a rib-cage muscle carrying his suitcase to an airplane.
    Freak accidents happen all the time, but Griff seems to have more than his share of them.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Griffey is still most likely still trying to think up a lie. He cant use the whole "washing my truck" excuse as that has already been taken by Jeff Kent. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Associated Press
    Posted: 14 minutes ago

CINCINNATI (AP) - Ken Griffey Jr. broke his left hand in an accident at home, the latest in a series of injuries that have hampered the career of the All-Star outfielder.

Griffey's throwing hand will be in a hard cast for three weeks, then will be re-examined, Reds spokesman Rob Butcher said Friday.
    Butcher said he could not say when or how the accident occurred because Griffey did not authorize any more details to be released. Butcher also could not say whether Griffey would be ready when spring training starts in mid-February.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Probably broke his hand playing Wii.
    rf28

Well, I think to help him out the Reds should ask him to avoid situations in which he gets injured. As long as he does that he should be fine....Lets see he needs to avoid in the future...

1. Running Around bases (broken Ankle)
    2. Catching balls (broken wrist)
    3. Hitting (broken toe)
    4. Running (torn hamstring)
    5. Jogging (knee surgery)
    6. Having to change uniform numbers/being asked change position (Hurt his feelings)
    7. Entering Kitchens/and or any food eating environments (broken hand)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Did Griffey get pissed and punch a wall or something? Just a thought...

He didn't give permission to release info, so it may be that or else a violation of contract i.e Aaron Boone type offseason activity

AAA ERA
    i would like to believe that getting hurt now would mean he won't get hurt during the season.. but.. that is a pipe dream.

i really wish he would hang em up, we really could use the OF space..