Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What can we do to improve the forum?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Are you on Firefox or Mozilla? Because that is where I along with a few others have experienced problems. On both IE and Opera, it runs really smooth though.

If that's not the case though, I will have to look into it.
    Konequor for Linux, does lag going up and down the pages. I had that issue when i was using SUSE in MY Network Security class during the break.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

I just KNEW that there would be an issue with the "clique" comment, and I KNEW that CincyRedsFan30 would be the one to bark first about it. How did I know about that, CincyRedsFan30? How did you know that I was "Tremere"? Did tedk go around pm'ing everyone that "QuietAcre is Tremere"? Anyway, let me clear this up RIGHT NOW. There IS a little bickering going on here (I noticed it the first day I came here), but there was A LOT of it going on over at the former site. MissionHockey can attest to that, as can other moderators here. Having said that, the bickering here really isn't bad at all, and right now I think it's at least in part due to the low traffic in this Reds forum. No question about it, it's a lot quieter here than it was at the former site. Enough about that. Yes, I use Firefox. And, yes, you all are absolutely correct. Firefox has problems rendering this website. Personally, I don't have any problems with any other sites except this one and themlbforum.com websites, so who knows what the heck is going with that? :p

MLB ERA
    Are you on Firefox or Mozilla? Because that is where I along with a few others have experienced problems. On both IE and Opera, it runs really smooth though.

If that's not the case though, I will have to look into it.....................................

Yup, I use IE, and there really aren't many problems. Sometimes there are on AOL< but that's just because AOL is AOL.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    I figured out you were tremere on my own, just based on your posts.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    i dont know, i dont really have any problem with firefox on this site. i only use that at home. use IE at work.

i think there is a good core here for you guys and you dont really need to upgrade things.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietAcre
    I just KNEW that there would be an issue with the "clique" comment, and I KNEW that CincyRedsFan30 would be the one to bark first about it. How did I know about that, CincyRedsFan30? How did you know that I was "Tremere"? Did tedk go around pm'ing everyone that "QuietAcre is Tremere"? Anyway, let me clear this up RIGHT NOW. There IS a little bickering going on here (I noticed it the first day I came here), but there was A LOT of it going on over at the former site. MissionHockey can attest to that, as can other moderators here. Having said that, the bickering here really isn't bad at all, and right now I think it's at least in part due to the low traffic in this Reds forum. No question about it, it's a lot quieter here than it was at the former site.
    Quiet, Ted did no such thing. CRF was calling you tremere long before Ted and you had any contact.

As for the low traffic, we've virtually had zero advertising thus far because this product isn't complete. Our first month and eleven days have saw 25k+ posts and almost 200 members, without advertising efforts. It is quieter but you need to give me time, my responsibility entails more than just this one forum. But as the site as a whole is getting more setup, that means the more time I can dedicate here. And thanks for clearing up what you meant by clique.

Here are my thoughts:

1. I think we should all post welcome messages to new users. It really makes new posters feel welcomed.

2. Keep all fighting via pm's and email(as said). I know I'm not perfect, but fighting between users makes this site look unprofessional.

3. I think we should start making little games here. For example, "Guess how many starts FeLo will get this week?", "Who will lead the Reds in RBI's in May?", Reds Survivor, ect....

MLB ERA
    What about a Reds' Trivia sticky? I know its a smash hit when we do a trivia night on the board and it can be done by like the week and then whoever wins with the most Mission can put like "Champion of Reds Trivia" in the title under the user name. Whats everyone think of that?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincy
    Here are my thoughts:

1. I think we should all post welcome messages to new users. It really makes new posters feel welcomed.

2. Keep all fighting via pm's and email(as said). I know I'm not perfect, but fighting between users makes this site look unprofessional.

3. I think we should start making little games here. For example, "Guess how many starts FeLo will get this week?", "Who will lead the Reds in RBI's in May?", Reds Survivor, ect....
    If the fighting is over stupid stuff then ya keep it on PMs, but if we are discussing and debating (for example) Pena vs Kearns who to trade thats something we need to put on the board because everyone can have a say and not really break down into WW3.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Cincy and Slyder.... both great ideas. Feel free to start those kinds of things up and if you need a sticky or for me to help out, I am 100% willing. That's just the kind of stuff we need going; usually games and such have been pretty popular in the past.

Good thinking!

AAA ERA
    yes of course we definatly need trivia...but how would we do reds survivor??

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietAcre
    Did tedk go around pm'ing everyone that "QuietAcre is Tremere"? :p
    Who is tedk?

MLB ERA
    Must be your alter-ego, ted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12