Thread: Reds one of the teams interested in Penny?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Reds one of the teams interested in Penny?

=Rotoworld.com]Brad Penny-S- Dodgers Dec. 6 - 6:32 pm et

The Dodgers are already shopping Brad Penny, according to ESPN's Jerry Crasnick.
    Penny has been mentioned as a possibility for the Red Sox in a Manny Ramirez deal, but nothing it likely to happen there. Some of the teams that could seek Penny include the Mets, Blue Jays, Cubs, Yankees, Phillies, Rangers, Mariners, Cardinals, A's, Astros, Reds and Brewers. The Dodgers could use him to bring in a corner outfielder or maybe exchange him for bullpen help.
    Surely a deal involving Dunn.

MLB ERA
    Man, the Dodgers would be sick with Dunn in left and Ethier the Pimpdaddy in right.

Do it Krivsky. Give the NL a sickeningly good team.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    You forget Pierre is in the OF giving them a horrible defensive OF but not as bad as the Giants could be.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Dunn would be even worse in a pitcher's park and Penny's homerun rate would increase twofold. I'd still take my chances on Penny, moreso than Dunn.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    I see that my beloved Brewers are mentioned in the Penny rumor mill. Let me throw in my 2 cents worth and not a "Penny's" worth. I like his stuff and his POTENTIAL, but does the name Burnett and Beckett ring a bell? Injuries are a major issue with Penny. So, I am hesitant on having him as a Brewer. Unless they give up Mench for him.

MLB ERA
    Nice. I'd love to see him in Pinstripes. He's staying in LA though.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    that was my first thought after signing Schmidt. Nice 1-2 punch there in the rotation. I saw Penny pitch a 3 hitter live in Coors Field last summer and he looked good, why would the Dodgers want to get rid of him?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Thing is, all these teams are just seggestive could be suitors from rotoworld. I highly doubt Krivsky has even thought about a Penny aquisition. Rotoworld just figured it could bea good fit. That is how I read the bit at least.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    Thing is, all these teams are just seggestive could be suitors from rotoworld. I highly doubt Krivsky has even thought about a Penny aquisition. Rotoworld just figured it could bea good fit. That is how I read the bit at least.
    yeah exactly.

but I would do Dunn for Penny in a heartbeat.. and I think Krivsky would too.. the question is will the Dogers do it.. or will they want more..