Thread: John Fay "Snippets": Pat Burrell and Washington Trade Controversy

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA

John Fay "Snippets": Pat Burrell and Washington Trade Controversy

Winter Meetings Insider
    Four seconds after walking into Swan Walt Disney Resort, I spotted Tommy Lasorda. He is a fixture at the winter meetings. He's in the lobby 24/7, it seems. Unless he's in one of the restaurants off the lobby. Later, I saw him eating lunch.

The winter meetings are one of the world's great loitering fests. Writers, scouts, agents and front-office types stand around the lobby and chat. Rumors spread but little happens. A Philadelphia writer asked if the Reds might be interested in Pat Burrell. My guess is no. Too much money, too many strikeouts. But you never know. Spotted Jose Rijo a little later. He's here with the Washington Nationals. Speaking of the Nats, GM Jim Bowden has gone quiet on the Gary Majewski trade controversy. "He's not popping off since (Stan) Kasten took over," a Washington writer said.

- John Fay

Link

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    IIRC, Burrell is from the Cincinnati area, but if we don't trade Dunn, then why would we get Burrell?
    rf28

MLB ERA
    I think you're thinking of David Bell, not Burrell. Bell and his dad Buddy are from the area.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    CRF is right, Burrell is from Arkansas....went to school at Univ of Miami(FL)