Thread: Reds to file grievance against Nationals

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Reds to file grievance against Nationals

This is over the whole Gary Majewski mess. They claim that they didn't know that Majewski had cortizone shots in his shoulder before he was traded to the Reds. They also claim that the Nats didn't disclose any injury to them.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2684794
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Everything I've read about this makes it seem like a grievance is going to be hard to win for the Reds, so we'll have some fun watching this play out.

AA ERA
    Maybe it's because he realized what a bad trade it was for the Reds in terms of what they lost. I realize you always need a good bullpen but at the expense of two of your young offensive players in Kearns and Lopez?
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

AAA ERA
    i believe i was wanting them to do so after the deal got done and it came out.. seems like they waited long enough

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    per rotoworld:

The Reds still haven't filed a grievance with the Nationals regarding Gary Majewski's health at the time of last July's trade.

Reds GM Wayne Krivsky said he would be filing a grievance way back on Dec. 1. Still, no action has been taken. At the winter meetings in December, Krivsky said the possible grievance was "in the hands of our lawyers."
    What do you guys think about this? What is Krivsky looking to get out of this grievance? Does anyone know what we can get from this. A PTBNL type of deal to "even it out" or what? I have never seena grievance and have no clue what could come out of it. Money? What are your thoughts?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Chad Cordero
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Just suck it up. Not like your going to win. What is Bud going to do? Guess your team doctors should look at the player better. Dont all team check out possible new player before there is a deal?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yeah, from what I understand, when you hear a deal is done pending physicals, it means the teams are givingphysicals to the players being dealt. So I am not too sure he can do anything about it. Bowden did do Krivsky wrong, but I may agree with you here mntwinsfan.

And KOZ, I wish!

C you there
    MLB ERA
    I think we should suck it up, they made a ****ed up deal in the first place anyways, still can't believe we got rid of kearns and lopez for him

AAA ERA
    i still say it doesn't hurt to try it, worse case scenario is we lose case close, best case scenario is we can get another freebie player