Thread: Rumors from the deep

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Rumors from the deep

Ok, I have been digging deep for rumors today. There is a rumor floating around on the net concerning what Krivsky has been looking at. This post was made on Nov. 20th. But I won't supply the link because it would be spamming for another site.

This rumor is coming from the site admin though and I wouldn't think it to be false.

According to team insiders, Krivsky was one of the GMs pestering the Marlins about Dontrelle Willis last week.

He's also inquired several times about the Astros' Adam Everett, and that the team is discussing internally whether or not to tender an offer to Ted Lilly
    This is just something that will show us what Krivsky has been looking at over the last 10 days. Just his interests have escaped his grasp for a moment.

Take it how you will...

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Again, this came out on the 20th. So why would Krivsky be interested in Everett when we just signed Gonzalez and our infield is pretty shored up? RH bat at 1B to spell Hatteberg vs LHP?

WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER CAREER .300 OBP GUY. COME ON NOW!!!

But Ted Lilly and Dontrelle Willis is a nice direction to look in for sure.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    Again, this came out on the 20th. So why would Krivsky be interested in Everett when we just signed Gonzalez and our infield is pretty shored up? RH bat at 1B to spell Hatteberg vs LHP?

WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER CAREER .300 OBP GUY. COME ON NOW!!!

But Ted Lilly and Dontrelle Willis is a nice direction to look in for sure.
    If true... I figure the Reds had been talking with Houston before about Everett, so I figure even before Gonzo we had been asking about Everett. I doubt theres much there now since we signed Gonzo and have Castro as Plan B.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Dude, you need move to a different pile because you are digging in shit.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yeah I know reefer, it sounds real bad, but I have to post what I find. You know? I think its all crap though too. But, at least we see where Krivsky's mind is at.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    A little clarification on who this guy is:

Mark Healey, our executive editor, spent several years as a reporter for AP Sports. He has also covered the Mets, Yankees and their minor league affiliates. Like any other journalist, he has gathered sources within many levels of many Major League teams. I'm his partner, and I don't even know who they are, but I can tell you that Heals networks in circles most baseball fans would dream of being in!

I'm just your basic general counsel / publisher / moderator who takes care of the business details. All the creative stuff is all on Heals.

He heads a staff of MLB credentialed writers and authors. We even have a former sports editor from Newsday who contributes greatly to (the site).

Our goal here at (the site) is not to break the story (although we do sometimes, and like nothing better!), but to give our readers an insider's view of the information that comes across to us from these sources. Information that makes it to the "Rumor Mill" column is always multi-sourced and independently verified. Single Sourced information (like some info we had about Chad Bradford's negotiations) are only listed in our Rumor Mill forum with the caveat that it is only coming from one source.

Whether it happens or not, you can be sure that the information we pass is exactly what we hear - no matter how far out there it may be, someone in a MLB front office said it!

Hope that helps you out. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM "Heals" directly - all of our writers welcome comments and questions.