Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faith in Krivsky?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    JD Drew did opt out of the 11 mil/yr deal and is likley asking for 13-5 mil. That sucks!
    Drew at 13 mil really isn't so crazy when you consider a craptastic player like Pierre and his 10 mil a year deal or the one season wonder Gary Matthews Jr. never having to worry about contracts or cash again in his career. For the market, I would be much happier overpaying to a guy like Drew who does have legit middle of the order talent. But I still think Guillen is the guy to target for our budget, it makes so much sense. I can see him bouncing back in a big way if he came back to Cincy.

Just do it Kriv.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLman2033
    You know I think it would be nice for us to have Hatteberg, because he was no doubt our best hitter last year.. my concern is that he is about to turn 37 and I find it hard to believe we are going to get another year out of him like we had.. its likely to be worse.. I just wish Joey Votto would come around so we could plug that whole at 1st.. but its not likely to ever happen, we may need to start looking for a permanent solution for 1st base.. I wish Dunn would take the head out of his ass and move to 1st base..
    I really digged the Aurilia/Hatteberg split, together they put up some terrific numbers. I don't think we need to find a permanent solution as Votto is the guy, and I agree, it would be so optimal for him to slug his way onto the club via a strong spring (and having a good vet like Hatte around as a mentor wouldn't hurt either)... but I don't know if that will happen this spring as I would prefer some more time in AAA with him for his development. Let's just hope he'll find the consistency to finally put up two strong seasons in a row.

As for Dunn, he was fine with moving to 1st. He missed the chance to participate in the World Baseball Classic to work on his defense at 1st and the Reds weren't satisfied with it and brought in Hatteberg.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    According to major-league sources, Aurilia and the Giants are finalizing a two- or three-year contract worth about $3 million per season. The length of the deal still is being negotiated.
    http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg.../25/GIANTS.TMP

Looks like we won't be getting him back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12