Thread: Lancaster reports LaRue headed to Kansas City

MLB ERA

Lancaster reports LaRue headed to Kansas City

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs...ue-on-move.asp

No cash involved in the deal, and it's a PTBNL. And since there's no cash, that means the PTBNL will suck, but hey, LaRue's out and frees up some money to give them the chance to make a bigger FA splash

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Good move no matter what here! Rids us of the 3 catcher tandem and as McKain said, gets us some FA money. Sounds good to me!

MLB ERA
    Good move.

Now let's add some talent.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AA ERA
    wonder how long we have to wit to find out what kind of talent we will get for LaRue. KC has some good young talent, hopefully we can pull away and win this trade with extra money and a good player. who knows.

God, How stupid is KC? what use does the worst team in the ML...KC, have for the worst hitter in ML that is making more money than all but 6 of their players? Thank you Mr. Krivsky, may I have another.

MLB ERA
    Apparently the Reds will be paying for a portion of LaRue's salary. Krivsky won't say how much though. Wow, this deal could be a poor one in the end if we are giving them much money. And if we are, we better get a better player in return too than we would have had they been paying for all of the money:

"LaRue clarification

The official release on the trade, put out by Kansas City, makes no mention of the Reds sending cash -- which is why I amended my original post.

However, Wayne Krivsky told me the Reds will indeed send money to help defray the $5.45 million LaRue is owed in 2007. Remember that he gets an extra $250,000 because he was traded after Oct. 15, 2006. Of course, Krivsky wouldn't say how much money is involved."

- Marc Lancaster
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Of course not. I wonder how long we have to wait for the official announcement. The money will be a huge impact on whether or not Krivsky simple gave away LaRue for free.

Could it be? Would Krivsky go after Matt Stairs? Was he still signed with the Royals? I know Krivsky is looking to shore up the bench and he loves his vets. Just had to mention it and get you Stairs lovers in on this.

AAA ERA
    thank God... He is gone.. who gives a shit what we get.. I mean the only reason he was in the lineup at all last season was because they were paying him so much money.. now he is gone he can't be in our lineup anymore.. Don't need him don't want him.. its just as good as giving him away.. but better because we don't have to pay for everything.. the only part of the deal that is any good is if we save more money trading him then just cutting him.. anything we get in return is icing.. PTBNL means later so paying that guy means very little anyway. this could end up killing the Bonderman talks.. if they want a catcher in their deal(like Ross) now we cant afford to trade it.. because that will leave us with just Valentin

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Good point NFL. The Tigers were asking for a catcher before and now we don't have that at our disposal.

We will just have to see how bad they really want Dunn.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    See ya LaPew, don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split ya.
    rf28

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    LaRue speaks joy to Lancaster:

Caught up with Jason LaRue a while ago, and he's happy as can be to be leaving Cincinnati.

"The writing was on the wall pretty much all year long, even after I got back from being hurt," he said. "From day one, it felt just a little bit different as I came off the DL. It seems like they, for whatever reason, had different plans – which is fine. That’s fine with me. I think I’m in a better place and it’s going to be a great opportunity."

LaRue made it clear last year that he felt he should have remained the starting catcher once he was healthy, no matter how badly he was struggling at the plate. But it became impossible to keep David Ross out of the lineup, and LaRue had no reason to believe anything would change in 2007.

"Obviously they have their plans of Ross being the starter this year, and as I said at the end of the year, I’m not at the backup stage of my career," he said. "I still feel like I’m one of the best catchers in the game right now. I had injuries at the beginning of the year and never got on my feet last year."

I think Stairs is retiring, and he is an FA anyway.

If the Reds get Matt Stairs, I'll buy a Cincy hat
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

AAA ERA
    I still feel like I’m one of the best catchers in the game right now
    lol.. that is too funny.. see you and your sub .200 batting avg