Thread: Trade idea...

Trade idea...

How about Griffey, DJ and cash to the Yankees for Kevin Brown and a propect or two.

Griffey could give the Yanks the extra bat/outfielder they need. DJ could also step in as their second baseman and could fill in if Jeter or A-Rod would go down.

And lets face it, since Kevin Brown is 40 now and isn't on steriod anymore he isn't what he once was. So I could see the Yanks dealing him.

MLB ERA
    NO.

DJ still has enough talent and Griffey can still produce enough that I wouldn't want injury-prone, clubhouse cancer, and frankly, at this point, awful pitcher, Kevin Brown.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Griffey is hurting this team.

This team would be much better if WMP, Kearns, and Freel were starting everyday.

MLB ERA
    a 40 year old bum thats getting ready to retire? yeah uhhh no
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I am also against this trade proposal. I agree WMP needs to start everyday, but Kevin Brown is old and really looks unlikely to produce at all. Sure Griffey is a shadow of his formerself but at least he isn't a clubhouse cancer like Brown.

Then again, if we are doing this deal with us paying no cash on Griffey's salary to help out and the FO would lock up Dunn to a LTC.... I would consider anything that gets Dunn signed to a LTC.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I say no as well. Very good thoughts though Cincy. But I think that the Yankees would not want DJ if they got Griffey in the first place. Because then they could move Womack back to 2B and Griffey to center and Matsui back to left. So I would think that DJ would be out of the question.

Griffey for Brown? Can't say I would like that much at all either for the same reasons as mentioned above. Mussina, Pavano, Johnson, Rivera, Gordon. Thats all I think I would take pitching wise from the Yankees. None of those guys are going to leave NY anytime soon.