Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Reds offseason rumors:

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

2007 Reds offseason rumors:

This is another installment that will capture this offseason's rumors all in one spot. The active rumors will stay afloat while the others will sink to the bottom. I will grade my interest and my opinion of the Reds possibly signing them on a scale of 1-10.

David Weathers: Krivsky has talked to his agent, but would not report anything. A few other teams have interest as well.
    My interest: 5 (I like what he can do for us, but he doesnt need a 2 year deal)
    possibility: 10 (we may have a slight advantage, but if another team offers him more, I think he will go there)

UPDATE: The Stanton signing may have weakened the possibility.
    UPDATE: Giants having serious talks with him.
    UPDATE: Marc Lancaster reports Krivsky is still talking to his agent. Something could be worked out.
    UPDATE: Reds sign him to two-year deal.

Chad Moeller: This dude gets signed out of nowhere.
    My interest: 0
    Possibility: 10 (signed)

PTBNL: From KC for LaRue and an undisclosed amount of cash.
    My interest: 5 (would be more if there were no cash involved)
    Possibility: 10 (done deal)

Mike Stanton: Reds have signed him for an undisclosed amount and a 2 year deal.
    My interest: 6 (could help the pen. I hope he is not the answer to the closer hole)
    possibility: 10 (signed)

Alex Gonzalez: Reds may have offered him a 3 year deal for $15 million. It was reported that this contract was offered by the Reds or White Sox.
    My interest: 5 (we need offense, but his fielding makes it a bit more bearable)
    possibility: 10 ( I think it is strong due to Krivsky's love for defensive minded players)

UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal reported that the White Sox are not in the running for Gonzalez and the Reds should close a deal by the beginning of next week.
    UPDATE: Reds and Gonzalez have agreed to a deal worth $14 million over 3 years.

Mark Loretta: Reported that the Reds offered him a 2 year $6 million deal.
    My interest: 0 (the Reds have no room for him unless they trade someone with far more upside)
    possibility: 2 (the offer was reportedly made, now it is up to Loretta and his agent)

UPDATE: Hours after the rumor was spread, Narron blatantly denied there was any offer made. they talked to his agent, but did not give an offer.

Jeremy Bonderman: Krivsky has been rumored to have offered Dunn, Phillips, and LaRue for Bonderman. The Tigers have reportedly declined this offer. Will Krivsky repackage another deal? The thing is, where does Phillips fit in their plans?
    My interest: 5 (would be greater if it didn't cost Dunn)
    possibility: 2 (could happen, but this is a huge deal and could just be one of many rumors to come.)

UPDATE: Possibility drops to 1 as the Tigers picked up Sheffield and no longer have a need or desire for Dunn.
    UPDATE: reported that the Tigers are still interested in Dunn. Could be a match here. But it is still a longshot.
    UPDATE: reported that the Tigers are not shopping Bonderman any longer, but Krivsky is still interested.

Matt Holliday: Some assistant GM tells an unknown blogger some off the wall rumor involving Holliday for Freel, Votto, and Belisle.
    My interest: 5 (Would be greater if Votto wasn't involved)
    Possibility: 0 (some blogger hears about this, but no media?)

Marcus Giles: Reds were mentioned on a list of 4 teams to have some interest. Marcus has stated that he would move to 3B to play in SD and unite with his brother Brian. The Reds would have to come up with something bigger than SD's Linebrink.
    My interest: 7 (would be more if it were more than just a rent a season type deal)
    possibility: 0

UPDATE: San Diego and the Reds were the only two teams listed as interested as of 13 Nov 06.
    UPDATE: Reported that the Padres may have a deal done for him by the end of the week. (reported 8 Nov 06).
    UPDATE: Now it is reported that Linebrink will not be traded by the Padres. Which means Atlanta may not have interest in a deal with SD.
    UPDATE: The possibility should be zero because of the Gonzalez signing. Phillips gets 2B.

Luis Gonzalez: Reds were mentioned on a list of 9 teams to have some interest.
    My interest: 0
    possibility: 0

UPDATE: St Louis reports rumors on Gonzalez close to signing with the Cards.
    UPDATE: Reported that he is leaning toward the Dodgers now.
    UPDATE: Signed by the Dodgers

Gregg Zaun: Reds mentioned to have interest along with BoSox and Yanks.
    My interest: 2 (we just got rid of our third catcher, but he could be an upgrade over Ross)
    possibility: 0 (I am hoping its just speculation and that is all)

UPDATE: No room for him with the Moeller signing.
    UPDATE: Signed with Toronto.

Mark DeRosa: Reds have been reported as one of 12 teams inquiring about him.
    My interest: 6 (could be s nice replacement for Aurilia, with as a good a bat)
    possibility: 0 (gone)

UPDATE: DeRosa has signed with the Cubs.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    This isn't exactly a rumor, but what if the Reds went after Sean Casey? He fits what Kriv is looking for.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    This isn't exactly a rumor, but what if the Reds went after Sean Casey? He fits what Kriv is looking for.
    We already got an average fielding, obp type guy thats a LHH in Hatteberg. I think much like Jeff Weaver, Sean played his way to a larger contract with how he did in the playoffs.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Updated: Marcus Giles

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Updated: Bonderman

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    We already got an average fielding, obp type guy thats a LHH in Hatteberg. I think much like Jeff Weaver, Sean played his way to a larger contract with how he did in the playoffs.
    I agree and lets not Over Pay him.. Again..

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    UPDATED: Bonderman sinks and DeRosa joins the list.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    UPDATE: Gonzalez drops down the list.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    UPDATE: Marcus Giles just earned a possibility point.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    UPDATE: DeRosa is a Cubbie

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    And thank god for that.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I know I have been like John Kerry and have not made a solid statement on what I want with the RF situation but after looking at the numbers today I believe Derosa was one of the better affordable options available. Drew is the leading candidate for me now and I agree with what you said about him before mission. Stewart is another intriguing piece but the knock on him is having a very poor outfield arm. An easy sacfly target. Dellucci is right up there with DeRosa IMO and Lee will just be far too expensive. And as for Guillen, I think he is a viable candidate but his attitude problems and his lack of production this season have got in the way.

Just some thoughts I figured I would throw out there.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    UPDATE: Alex Gonzalez

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    UPDATE: Gonzo looking the Dodgers way now.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    UPDATE: Alex Gonzalez receives an upgrade in possibilities.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast