Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumor: A-Rod had lunch with someone from Reds

MLB ERA

Rumor: A-Rod had lunch with someone from Reds

Tom Gamble of the "Two Angry Guys" (radio) apparently reported this morning that A-Rod was seen in town having lunch with someone associated with the Reds. He wouldn't say who he was having lunch with though.

Take that however you want to take it.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Obviously there is about as good of a chance for this to happen as Scarlett Johansson and me hooking up (and I mean like for real, that it's destiny), but it is exciting to think about if it's at all true. The only thing I worry about is that any offensive addition of a large size would almost surely gurantee Dunn's departure and we need to be adding without subtracting. God knows what ARod would cost though.

Speaking of the Yankees, we should sign Craig Wilson this offseason. I really wanted Wilson last year and he still has years ahead of him, fits the mold of player we should be looking for, and could have a breakout season in GAB. Plus, he's likely to fly under the radar.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    First of all, this IS NOT going to happen if you believe Scott Boras and Brian Cashman. Second, if this were to actually get done, we'd had better get rid of Griffey's contract too in the deal or another subsequent deal, unless the Yankees are willing to eat a majority of Choke-Rod's ridiculous contract. Third, what position would he play here... SS?

Bottom line: I DO NOT want The Choker here.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    BTW, the person he was having lunch with was probably not RCast.

If Pay-Rod actually is traded to the Reds, I will puke! The last thing the Reds need is another ridiculously-priced veteran who cannot perform in the clutch. WE NEED PITCHING!!!
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Maybe Rodriguez has a friend on the Reds?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    he was probably asking a Red's player / representive how they dealt with failing j/k...

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    At first I thought it was Griffey having lunch with an old teamate. But then I realized that Junior lives in Florida. So what would A-Rod be doing in Cincy? Did he go to High School or college with anyone in the organization. Has he been known to have ties with someone in teh Reds FO?

So I decided to listen to the podcast to try and get a better understanding.

Check Hour 2.
    In that segment Richard Skinner stated that it was someone known as a "higher up" for the Reds. They also said that A-Rod had an involvement in some banks out there and wanted to see how they were doing.

I for one get real excited about things like this. But he is FAR too expensive to even consider. I honestly think it would be a mistake to trade away anyone that would help thia team next year for A-Rod. A-Rod would take away the team's entire salary and that is only ifRCast bumps it up by a lot or else we have to trade Griffey and Milton.

But to dream, could this really be the reason why they have not come to a conclusion with Aurilia? Is this a possibility at all? I obviously have mixed feelings about this, but if anything it is intriguing.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    A-Rod's Journal:

After we were eliminated, the media asked me a lot of questions regarding my future in New York -- whether I want to leave, or if I will be traded, etc. I will tell you what I told them: I am 100 percent committed to being a Yankee now and in the future. I don't want to play anywhere else.
    http://arod.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/playe...alex/index.jsp

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Jeff Piecoro went on to say that Cashman and Boras have stated that A-Rod does not want to move and will not move. He does have a No Trade Clause as well.

He thinks that A-Rod feels the pressures of NY and may want to get out of there. To get away from that microscope. He mentions Giambi and other members of the team ripping him. Then goes on to say that the perfect situation for him would be to go to the Reds.

Still speculation on much of nothing, but its cool to think about it.

MLB ERA
    A-Rod's not a Twin. Not happening.

You guys should have picked up on that from the start.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    he was probably asking a Red's player / representive how they dealt with failing j/k...
    The Reds suck, material that has never been covered on S3F before.

Besides, it's an established fact that the Reds have weekly classes on how to deal with failure. It doesn't help anyone to succeed, just to accept the fact that they are indeed losers.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    A-Rod's not a Twin. Not happening.

You guys should have picked up on that from the start.
    Plus he strikeouts quite a bit, runs are scored through low strikeout totals and singles as anyone who knows anything about baseball realizes.

This is all sounds bogus since it is the Reds, but I wouldn't take all the comments from Cashman too seriously. Arroyo supposedly had those same type of commitments from his GM... I could see ARod being dealt, but not to us.

steinbrenner has always seemed to have an infatuation with Griffey, I think he and dunn would both have to be on the move if this could ever feasably happen. Which it can't.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    The Reds suck, material that has never been covered on S3F before.

Besides, it's an established fact that the Reds have weekly classes on how to deal with failure. It doesn't help anyone to succeed, just to accept the fact that they are indeed losers.
    that's why A-Rod was meeting with them...to learn some coping strategies.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    any discussions with the reds had better begin with the name homer bailey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast