Thread: Narron "losing" the players?

MLB ERA

Narron "losing" the players?

Things I'm told today....Narron rumblings
    Seems Jerry and Rich Aurilia went nose to nose with a week left in the season, and things got "pretty ugly". Rich told those that saw it, he wasn't coming back if Jerry was in charge in 2007. But I'm told money has a way of talking and if Rich doesn't get a better offer, don't be surprised if Rich returns.
    Also....
    Rheal Cormier and Jerry had words in the final week of the season over Rheal's role.
    The Reds told Rheal from the start that he would only throw in close games when the game was on the line....but through most of the season, they used him all over. Then, with two weeks left, Jerry went up to him and said, sorry we have used you all over, the last two weeks, you will only throw when the game is on the line. The very next day, they got him hot in the pen with a 7 run lead or something. He went nuts on Jerry too.

- Lance McAlister
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    In addition, this came from a Mark Sheldon(Reds site) Q and A thing. Here is what he said:

"With so many guys coming in during the season, a lack of clubhouse leadership was exposed in my opinion. Some new additions felt hesitant to speak up on clubhouse issues they found troubling, especially during the late season slide. Others just weren't leadership-type players."
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I am seriously feeling a complete overhaul of the entire team is coming. I just hope it starts with Narron. My feeling right now is that this miscommunication between he and the players will be looked at as the player's fault. I have no doubt that Aurilia may have brought some of this on himself because we all can remember his dog days of last season making every ear hear his cry for playing time.

I agree, this team lacks that leader. Larkin is gone and Casey was just a good charitable nice guy. But losing those two has put this team in this situation. Then you have to look at the whole veteran presence thing. The excuse we hear when Krivsky signs a vet. Its the same we heard when DanO signed them. "This guy will bring a veteran presence to the clubhouse." Isn't that supposed to mean that they can step in and be a leader of some fashion?

I want Aurilia back, but not if he is going to start crying again. And I definitely hope all of this means that the players are finally speaking out and that the FO gets a hint of their disliking toward Narron.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The difference is, when Aurilla did a lot of his crying last year, he hadn't produced much yet at all. This year he earned his playing time with his bat and he had reason to complain when scrubs like Clayton were getting starts over him, I know I would.

I really believe we are stuck with Narron until he drives us into the ground and RCast will have to step in. It's been confirmed both by sources and the man himself that Krivsky is basically Narron's #1 fan. I would be a lot less shocked to see those players gone than to see Narron gone.

Reds Chick Baseblogger Red Hot Mama's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    I asked Rich Aurilia about the story on this week's podcast. He says it never happened, but the tone of his voice makes me wonder.

http://www.red-hot-mama.com/comments...d=1133_0_1_0_C

For as much as you guys are still holding a grudge about 2005, I think the guy sounds real diplomatic. Hard not to like a guy who comes on your podcast, though.