Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prepare for more Dunn bashing...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Here's my take on this whole situation...

First off, everyone knows that I despise Jerry Narron. He should have been fired on several occasions this season for his ineptitude. He gets off way too easy in the media.

Having said that, Adam Dunn is the laziest player I have seen in quite a while. He refuses to improve himself as a fielder. He refuses to improve himself as a hitter. What is worse is that he gets a pass from the posters here because he can hit the ball a ton.

Adam Dunn is a decent ballplayer, but he can be so much more than he is now, if he would just put forth the effort required by a Major League ballplayer.
    rf28

Guess what. We have our own Adam Dunn up here in Beantown. His name is Manny Ramirez.

Manny has a line of .318-.436-.612, even after an amazingly pitiful first month that I doubted he'd rebound from. He's having another MVP caliber season if the Sox were winning (Ortiz would get it). 34 HR and 101 RBI with mediocre protection behind him (but Papi in front). The offense around him has been bad, but none of this is his fault. Once the team fell out of it, he's been resting a sore knee. No team realisitcally expects to come back from the deficit. Hell, Papelbon said he'd re-evaluate his coming back WHEN the Sox fall out of it officially.

So, after being one of the four bright spots so far (Manny, Ortiz, Schill, Paps), with only one other great player and a few good ones (like Pena, Lowell, etc.), logically, you would rather have him rest.

Look at this article.

http://www.courant.com/sports/baseba...dsox-headlines

Essentially bashing Manny for not playing in these meaningless games. Look at the rotation

Beckett
    Wakefield
    Gabbard
    Snyder
    Jarvis
    Whatever (there's more shit, like Dinardo)

Yeah. We have a Dunn here. He's Manny.

I pray that the Reds keep Dunn.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12