Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milton

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Milton

per Marc Lancaster's Blog:

It sounds like there's a little more than "stiffness" going on with Eric Milton's left elbow. He said he felt it grab on one pitch in particular and didn't sound terribly optimistic heading into a full exam tomorrow.

"It’s been sore for a while, but in the fifth inning I felt it on one slider," he said. "I don’t know what to say. It’s painful and we’ll see what the MRI says tomorrow."

Milton has never had arm trouble before. If this injury is serious, the Reds are looking at a weekend one-two punch of some combination of Jason Johnson, Sun-Woo Kim and Chris Michalak for Saturday and Sunday starts at Wrigley Field.
    http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

Ugh.

MLB ERA
    Have I mentioned that Krivsky's biggest mistake was not getting more starting pitching at the trade deadline?

Kim/Michalak/Johnson at Wrigley, with the wind possibly blowing out?
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yep its been mentioned by all of us. Those guys simply make me sick to my stomach. We are in a playoff hunt and will have to throw two of them out there now. Yuck!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    per Marc's Blog:

Still not sure what the deal is with Milton. Narron said he expects him to start Sunday, but there are indications from other quarters that all is not well. Doc Kremchek will be at the park within the hour to meet with Milton and Mark Mann about the results of the MRI. Milton declined to talk to us about it this afternoon.

In other news, Griffey took batting practice for the first time since the injury, but he is still not 100 percent. Running remains the problem for him. He is available to pinch-hit, though, and was last night. If Schoeneweis' spot had come up, Junior probably would have hit for him.

MLB ERA
    Eric Milton is a very talented pitcher that has not really "found" himself. He can throw 3 quality pitches and has a plus fastball.
    I hope this elbow issue is not serious. He will be necessary for the Reds to get better.
    As to getting more pitching at the deadline, which team did get all the pitching they needed?

MLB ERA
    A very talented pitcher? Is there a second Eric Milton that pitches in MLB that I don't know about?

Although the players probably think Narron is giving up too(as scary as it is Jerry probably doesn't consider the lineups "giving up" lineups) when he trots out lineups like today's, which was even worse than his usual lineup:

Wise CF
    Hatteberg 1B
    Aurilia SS
    Dunn LF
    Encarnacion 3B
    Valentin C
    Hollandsworth RF
    Olmedo 2B
    Milton P

I'm sure the Cubs were quivering at the knees in the dugout before going out to face that juggernaut.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    dude, the cubs should fear every lineup with their suckiness this year.

though it was surprising that the reds couldnt score today (until it didnt matter)
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    Not surprising to me.

That lineup is just silly bad. Half of it consists of bench guys or guys who shouldn't be in baseball period(Valentin, Olmedo, Hollandsworth, Wise).

Narron has made lineups almost as bad even when we were in contention, but what's funny is that he still thinks we still have a chance AND that our lineup today was acceptable. I grow more convinced by the day that he is worse than Bob Boone, which says something about him I don't even want to think about.

MLB ERA
    Milton is a good pitcher. He has been an All Star. He threw a no-hitter. He could be a very good #3 pitcher for the Reds behind Arroyo and Harang. He isn't a "top of the rotation" pitcher, however.

MLB ERA
    Catman, either you are being sarcastic or you are a Royals fan.

I see no other explanation for you saying Eric Milton is a "good" pitcher and that he could be a "very good" No. 3 pitcher behind Arroyo and Harang.

The fact that he threw a no-hitter means little, btw. There have been some very talented pitchers who have never thrown no-hitters.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Milton, if healthy, is a solid #4. His K/9 has been on the fall for a few seasons, he's hittable and obviously not friendly to a ballbark with small confines. That said, to justify his contract to a Reds fan, he would need a at least an ERA hovering around 4.00 and not 5.00. Catman is a Twins fan, so perhaps he remembers him as a Twins player moreso than a Reds player. I wish I could say that Milton's stuff is the same as it was then, but he's lost the heat on his fastball. He has been improved and if he still had that plus heat as a lefty, I wouldn't doubt his potential to be much improved as he still tries to rely on that pitch, it just no longer effective to be used as much as he does.

MLB ERA
    Yeah, what he isn't is a good pitcher. He is awful. He was terrible last year and his 5.19 ERA this year shows he has been terrible yet again. He isn't healthy and isn't good.

Of course it doesn't matter much when we have Michalak/Kim around in the other slot.

And I want to say again how awful Jerry Narron is at managing a MLB team. He is absolutely clueless.

He's gotten to the point where you have to wonder how the guy ever got a job as a MLB manager.

I am not looking forward to the possibility that he manages the team for at least a couple more years.

I really hope Castellini rips up his contract and discards it with other trash.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    As far as Griffey is concerned, the Reds are pretty much done, so he should probably sit the rest of the year.
    rf28

C you there
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Have I mentioned that Krivsky's biggest mistake was not getting more starting pitching at the trade deadline?

Kim/Michalak/Johnson at Wrigley, with the wind possibly blowing out?
    no i don't remember can you remind us again

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Milton had his arthroscopic surgery on his elbow today. I was SOOOO hoping for a Tommy John surgery, that way we wouldn't have to see his act next season.
    rf28

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast