Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Funny how life works

AA ERA
    Yeah I believe he got hurt. But usually Beane just trades for those guys to get the draft picks.

MLB ERA
    Guillen did something that irritated the angels thats why you saw him dealt to the Nationals. Scocia wouldnt tolerate attitude problems or what ever Guillen was trying to pull but looks like Bowden will.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Quote Originally Posted by volzok
    Yeah I believe he got hurt. But usually Beane just trades for those guys to get the draft picks.
    Good point but I don't think he got anything from Guillen. I don't think they offered him arbitration and I doubt California would have given them draft picks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    Guillen did something that irritated the angels thats why you saw him dealt to the Nationals. Scocia wouldnt tolerate attitude problems or what ever Guillen was trying to pull but looks like Bowden will.
    They didn't want him in Oakland either. His attitude has turned off just about everyone but Bowden. You've got to do a lot to offend that guy

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    You knew it was coming.

Harangatang Update!

What can I say? Harang continues to impress and the bandwagon is starting to grow (not talking about here, just the average WLW caller.) For the 4th straight game, Harang goes more than 6 innings, a rarity for a Reds starter as we all know. And after some early inning control problems, Harang settled down nicely. Like it has been mention, with that big frame of his, he can lose his control from time to time but he seems to be able to keep that more and more in check as he progresses as a pitcher. With the 9 K's collected tonight, he was able to raise his K/9 over 7.00 and for any pitcher that is extremely respectable and almost news worthy for a Reds fan. This is a guy who doesnt have electric stuff but is able to get the most out of it with smart pitching. And he wouldn't be the first to do it and have success. He is smart with his pitches and aggressive as well, which leads to his success. A lot of baseball is just having the right mindset I believe, and I think he has it.

The opposition was a weak lineup true (although I believe that offense is much better than the stats indicate, just slumping badly) Harang continued to lower his stats while picking up his 3rd win. He also continues to show extreme success in pitching at home, showing it is possible to have success in the Great American "Smallpark."

Through 9 games/59.2 IP
    ERA: 3.32
    BAA: 2.30
    WHIP: 1.14
    K/9: 7.09

If you want to send a message a bit stronger to the team Dan O, declare Harang the ace. Maybe it would get guys like Milton in line to realize they have been uprooted in rank by an essential no name in the baseball world.

AA ERA
    Harang is the man. Very good points mission.

MLB ERA
    Good thoughts mission.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

I think Harang's stuff is very underrated. He may not be a power pitcher but he's got some "pop". He hits at least 93 MPH and if you change speeds and have good movement that's more than enough.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ray, I agree. I have mentioned in my other updates on how is stuff is underrated and how due to his easy motion his fastball comes up faster than the batter expects. I just really enjoy seeing a pitcher of our's who just knows how to do it almost more than one who has the best stuff. I really think Harang has become a smart pitcher.

MLB ERA
    Being a smart pitcher for the Reds= Ignoring O'Brien.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Its funny to actually look forward to a pitcher's start each week. He has been very easy on the eyes this year. I just hope that the bullpen and the offense can help him out a little better than they have.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Harangatang Update!

Well, our boy Harang did it again today against the Astros. Facing a fierce competitor in Clemens, Harang pitched one of the best games of his career. Even though the Astro offense is lacking to say the least, this start was very encouraging to me. It seems like more often than not our pitchers crumble under the pressure, especially when there is someone at on the mound like Clemens, but Harang remains to be as cool as the other side of the pillow. It seems like each and every start he looks a little better, a little more knowledgable and more and more confident.

Even though early on the run support was credited to only the mighty bat of the Joker, Harang threw up enough goose eggs to make those 2 runs stick. Our BP pitched solid and obviously we exploded in the 9th versus the Astro bullpen. As a result Harang picked up his 4th win overall (last three starts he has picked up three wins.) And for his 5th straight start he has gone 7 innings or more. As for the other stats, here is what to note:

After being pretty generous with the homer, Harang has only given up 2 total over his past 7 starts. With the 10 strikeout performance tonight he raised his K/9 to near 8 (7.7). His refined control continues to be a bright stat for him as he only gave up one walk tonight with his WHIP lowering to a miniscule 1.11. And what used to be a big problem in addition to the walks, the high amount of hits against is being taken care of as well, evident by the .227 BAA. What also was quite encouraging was him having a strong start on the road (his home/road splits has shown he loves to pitch in GABP) especially since Minute Maid is known to give up a few homers. Overall great start for Harang. I think the time off was helpful in today's start. His breaking pitches were especially sharp.

Awesome performance today.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Great write up mission! I especially liked "the other side of the pillow" reference. Good touch!

Harang has been real special for us this year and I am very excited about what to expect from him. I think our expextations can be raised for this guy. We called him inconsistant last season as it was deserved. I thought we would see more of the same, and he has been far from inconsistant. I expected him to have lost something after the missed outing last week, but he came back stronger than ever. He is getting better and better. Great outing Harang!

MLB ERA
    Nice report mission, although the "other side of the pillow" comment made me think of Stuart "Boo-yah" Scott, and that's not someone I want to think about.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    My grandpa says it. I would hope I would never pick up any sayings from Stuart Scott.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12