Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Down to the final 22 games

C you there
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    One game doesn't change the fact that the Cards are a better team than us, on paper and in the records. But despite that, Lohse looked damn impressive yet again.
    what I'm aloud to hear how great the all mighty cards are yet no one can bash them :|

C you there
    MLB ERA
    Game OVER

Diamondbacks Tore thru The Cardinals and there all mighty Jocketty Team with a Final Score of 13 - 1

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It just seems to me like an obvious attempt to start something with CRF. And while CRF's comments may upset someone, I don't think he is targeting anyone with them, just stating what he belives to be the truth. If the Cards go on a big skid, then yeah, possibly there is credible thought to bashing them.... but if we want to play this game (from either side of the coin), it will get old. "Reds win, Cards Lose- Oh no, look at Jocketty's methods now." "Cards win, Reds lose- The Jocketty Methodology wins yet again, while we fall .... behind." It's an endless cycle really.

And for the record, I have 0 problems with bashing, as long as it doesn't seem like to be a personal trolling attempt to get someone else fired up. I thought that by the language you used, it seemed that way. IF not though, I apologize. I am just happy with the win and I want to stop any potential fighting and bickering before it even starts.

C you there
    MLB ERA
    Well I will not lie on that part, it's partially to that fact but CRF isn't the only person getting on my nervs with the cardinal praising, but it's not just him with all this love for the cardinals, I hear it elsewhere it feels to me the same way when I hear steeler fans going off on the bengals and saying there the greatest thing since sliced bread it's more of a rival thing towards the cardinals to me, i truly hope CRF don't get upset with my comments about the cards I ain't trying to start something with him, and if it does upset him I will apologise ahead of time.

I just get so damn excited when the cards go down this badly even if it's one game just like I do when the reds do real good.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ah I see where you're coming from now, no worries then. I know that's been a hot topic as of late, so I was just doing taking care of it early in case it indeed was the goal of your posts.

Any game we go up and they go down works for me. Even if they hang on for the division (which seems likely given their 5.5 lead, we would both need complete reversals of fortune), if we just finished a couple back (versus dropping to 10 or more back with a subpar record) I really think we could see that boost in payroll and acquisition of talent in the offseason to make us legit in 2007. Or at least that's the worst case hope (with the best being of course sneaking in somehow to the playoffs.)

C you there
    MLB ERA
    yeah that's no dought if we don't continue this kind of play like we did today and the cards don't continue slipping we should just look foward to next year, as unlickly as it looks for us right now I'm going to try and stick with hopes for playoffs untill the last game possible

MLB ERA
    Good posts from both of you guys here and mission, you hit the nail on the head in terms of the situation above.

Anyway, good to see Lohse with another good game tonight. I just wish we could be more consistent. We need more games with offense more like tonight's. It doesn't always have to be THAT good, but we can't have half or more of the lineup having OPS' of around .300 or .400 as they did coming into tonight for the first week or so of this month. That's just pathetic.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

C you there
    MLB ERA
    ok on this wild card and division hunt i'm going to be posting something about every team on my siggy in both lines

Pit vs Cin
    Maholm 7-10, 4.91 vs Harang 13-10, 3.78

Stl vs Ari
    Marquis 14-13, 5.73 vs Webb 14-6, 3.14

Phi vs Fla
    Myers 10-6, 4.09 vs Moehler 7-8, 6.18

SD vs SF
    Wells 2-3, 4.58 vs Schmidt 11-8, 3.39

C you there
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DaNi3L™
    Pit vs Cin
    Maholm 7-10, 4.91 vs Harang 13-10, 3.78

Stl vs Ari
    Marquis 14-13, 5.73 vs Webb 14-6, 3.14

Phi vs Fla
    Myers 10-6, 4.09 vs Moehler 7-8, 6.18

SD vs SF
    Wells 2-3, 4.58 vs Schmidt 11-8, 3.39
    Pit wins 7-4
    Fla wins 4-3
    Ari wins 3-0 *come on Stl loses yet again and we couldn't even beat the pirates*
    SF wins 5-4

and an unexpected and unwanted suprise

Hou wins 10-4 getting them ahead of us

MLB ERA
    Padres put a whoopin on the Giants today.

Florida, Philly, and San Fran are all 2.5 games back of the Padres now.

The Reds are 3.5 games back. (about to be 6.5 games back )
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

C you there
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    The Reds are 3.5 games back. (about to be .5 games back )
    yes I know leo

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    Padres put a whoopin on the Giants today.

Florida, Philly, and San Fran are all 2.5 games back of the Padres now.

The Reds are 3.5 games back. (about to be 6.5 games back )
    Dude, I thought you were cool. Let us sweep you and then we'll bribe the Dodgers to take a dive, and blow up San Fran's bus. Everyone wins... well, except for San Fran.

C you there
    MLB ERA
    Dude, I thought you were cool. Let us sweep you and then we'll bribe the Dodgers to take a dive, and blow up San Fran's bus. Everyone wins... well, except for San Fran.
    ignore him he gets that way everytime we play him he loses his brain

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Are you mad that the Giants practically ruined your playoff chances?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Are you mad that the Giants practically ruined your playoff chances?
    1 game out from the Giants. That's mad devastation yo.

In all seriousness, I view the Dodgers series as our breaking point. They killed us at crucial times and we were one of the teams they stomped on during their run to the top. 2-4 with the Giants, with a few being close games, I don't think it killed morale quite like the sweeps did (it was bad, just not as bad.)

And my comment wasn't a zing on the Giants.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast