• Jiminez starting over Freel

7 70.00%
  • Aurilia starting over Lopez

3 30.00%

Thread: Which makes Miley suck more?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Which makes Miley suck more?

Miley has really put out some bad lineups. But starting certain players and not allowing others to fulfill their abilities or to help the team win in a big way, has been insanity. So which one drives you the craziest?

MLB ERA
    Jimenez = garbage

he's up there in my top 10 most hated players
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    this is tough
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

AAA ERA
    easy, Jimenez, a .200 batter hitting in the leadoff spot, over the only real leadoff hitter on the entire team

i hate rich aurilia, i wish he had never played a game for the reds, but i still have to say jiminez over freel is worse. I do think FeLo is better than Aurilia, but lopez is still unprooven. With FeLo some of it is principle, you should play the young guy that is part of your future over the old guy who sucks.

With Freel it's not principle, it's fact. He's the second best offensive player we have behind dunn, and he's on web gems almost every game he plays. sitting him would be like the birds sitting brian roberts, it's insanity.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

AA ERA
    I went with Aurilia just for the simple fact of salary. They paid DJ this offseason and we all knew that 2B was his for that reason. Also Freel being hurt and missing the beginning of ST helped "justify" the plan. But I guess if you look at it, Aurilia only got the minor league deal, but was also handed the job. Even though Felipe had a better spring and is having a better season. So while I think its a hard question, I have to go with Aurilia just b/c team logic says that you dont pay 3 million for a guy to sit the bench.

MLB ERA
    Jimenez over Freel is worse, at least at this point.

The reason isn't because Aurilia is better than Jimenez, but because Lopez is still somewhat of an unknown, while Jimenez has done some good things in the past.

I am starting to get closer and closer to thinking the Aurilia over Lopez decision is worse though.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Quote Originally Posted by volzok
    I went with Aurilia just for the simple fact of salary. They paid DJ this offseason and we all knew that 2B was his for that reason. Also Freel being hurt and missing the beginning of ST helped "justify" the plan. But I guess if you look at it, Aurilia only got the minor league deal, but was also handed the job. Even though Felipe had a better spring and is having a better season. So while I think its a hard question, I have to go with Aurilia just b/c team logic says that you dont pay 3 million for a guy to sit the bench.
    I hear that point, but also consider, when Aurilia made the team he got a guaranteed 600k, instead of the minor league deal.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

AAA ERA
    it has to be jimenez starting over freel...at least aurilia has done somethign this year with 3 hrs...jimenez is doing HORRIBLE

AAA ERA
    well is salary has to come into play, why not move DJ to SS, and play freel everyday at 2B, or something, there is no reason for Freel to not be in the lineup everyday

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I chose Jiminez over Freel as well. Here is how I look at it. Miley has said that he wants to play the player that is hitting. Which was Pena over Kearns. That was a good decision that none of us could justly complain about. But why is there a difference between how he handles the outfield and the infield. The hot bat is definitely Lopez over Aurilia and absolutely Freel over Jiminez.

My poll vote came simply from DJ is an automatic out batting left handed and there is no way around it. I would be cool with starting him against a LHP, but that is it. Also, Jiminez has cost us some defensive plays as well. Aurilia is consistently bad, but he can make a good defensive play and get a hit every once in a while.

Also Freel is better than Lopez as far as we know. He is the spark plug for this team. But the only thing is, I really feel sorry for Lopez the most out of this. He never gets to start and Miley has been putting him in at SS for the 8th and 9th innings. So he usually gets 1 AB a game now. That really cannot be satisfactory. And if Miley has him in to play defense at the end of the game, like he used Castro last season, them he is showing that he has more faith in Lopez' defense. Why not the bat as well?

Miley has to see that Aurilia and Jiminez suck. I called it last night. The 6-9 batters would all be automatic outs. Not one of them even got on base last night.