Thread: EdE and Phillips = Felo and Kearns?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

EdE and Phillips = Felo and Kearns?

The Reds have put themselves in a state of obvious tension. We all know that just before the trade deadline Wayne Krivsky traded off two young likable players to the Nationals. So the team and its fans have to look for replacement players so to speak in order to feel like the offense can stay afloat.

I believe that Edwin Encarnacion and Brandon Phillips can be excellent replacements for the two studs we traded away. Sure we already had high expectations for EdE regardless of the departure of those two, but he is just now coming into his own and has claimed that cleanup spot in the lineup.

I haven’t been this excited about two young players since Dunn and Kearns came up in their rookie seasons. Do you guys see EdE and Phillips as franchise type players to build around with Dunn? I think it is entirely possible that fans will be creating a love for them as much as with what we had with Felo and Ears.

Here is to our future! And another one to the future becoming present reality!

I think Edwin will be a much better hitter than Kearns.

AAA ERA
    excited about EdE yes.. but Phillips I think that by trading FeLo away we put a lot more stock in Phillips.. he is haven't a good season.. but nothing he has done before at any level tells me he can do this on a regular basis.. so I am not sold on him, I do like him, but I am worried about his future and if the .230 hitter he was in the minor leagues is an indication that he is Pokey Reese II

Phillips is a .273 career hitter in the minors....

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun21
    Phillips is a .273 career hitter in the minors....
    Ok i over exagerated.. he did his as badly as .175 one year, but his .206 MLB avg going into this season reminds tells me that we should really wait until next year before hailing him the next great thing..

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun21
    I think Edwin will be a much better hitter than Kearns.
    I think that EdE is already a better pure hitter than Kearns.