Thread: Mercker to DL, Michalak called up, Bergolla DFA

MLB ERA

Mercker to DL, Michalak called up, Bergolla DFA

Those are our latest set of our seemingly every-other-day roster moves.

BTW, Ramirez is starting tonight despite his (awful) appearance in last night's game. We only used the bullpen a lot last night and with Ramirez looking tired lately and pitching last night, it's likely we won't need what should be a very refreshed pen tonight.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Bergolla could have some value, but whatever. Out with the young and in with the old old old is the motto here.

As for Ramirez, I can't blame the kid for his performance. He's not a vet and seems to get a bit emotional at times and being called in to a game, the day before your scheduled start, is about as unexpected as you can get. He did look awful though and given that his confidence is probably at 0, I don't know how much we should be getting our hopes up for that we're not facing a top talent of the Phillies as they obviously can still swing the bat.

Maybe we'll walk Howard every time tonight, even when there are none on. That'll be our key strategy to a win.

MLB ERA
    Yeah, if Bergolla had the same stats but was 35 I can almost guarantee he wouldn't have been DFA. But I think we are going for the record in terms of average age of a team. By the end of this offseason we will probably only have players over 30 on the roster.

And I agree about Ramirez. They said he was nervous in the bullpen before the Cards game and wouldn't even warm-up with any other pitch than his fastball. His confidence had to have been shot after that game and so Narron brilliantly has him pitch the night before his scheduled start at the end of a big game. I'm sure that upped the confidence level a lot! He is also only 23 and is probably not used to what this many big-league innings is like. It almost seems like they are trying to use and abuse him in order to make an excuse to sign a starter who is near 40 or something in the offseason.

And yeah, we should no doubt BB Howard. How about Utley too? He had that big hit streak, ya know?!
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, unless RCast plans to turn this team into the Jr. Yankees, we're going to be screwed if we continue along this path.Krivsky has cut young players without any regard since the start of the season, obviously that's not all bad if the players deserve it. But so far we don't know if there is no concern for our youth and our depth due to deep pockets or a very short-sighted GM.

And I don't get placing Ramirez in the game at all. Even if Harang didn't look on top of his game, he is now a vet and a bit of a gamer. To face the top of the order we send out a kid who would of thought that he would of been in bed by then resting for his start, where's the logic in that?