Thread: Hal named Ohio's top sportswriter again...

MLB ERA

Hal named Ohio's top sportswriter again...

Hal Mccoy named top sportswriter

By the Dayton Daily News

Dayton Daily News baseball writer Hal McCoy was named Ohio Sportswriter of the Year for the seventh time Monday night.

McCoy, who is in his 33rd season covering the Reds, received his award at the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association awards banquet. Also honored was Reds radio broadcaster Marty Brennaman, who was inducted into the organization's hall of fame.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Congrats to both. well deserved.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Way to go Hal. Well earned! It's great to have such an acclaimed writer for our team's efforts. Despite that I can disagree with him from time to time, he is a class act from the times I have emailed him and a huge Reds fan.... both which I respect immensely.

MLB ERA
    Exactly mission.

He is even classier in person.

When I first met him last year, he was very engaging.

It was funny during that one game against the Indians(on July 4th) when my younger cousin and I went to the game and knocked on the pressbox lobby door. The old man at the desk shook his head 'no' as in we couldn't come in. We kept knocking though and he finally came over and we told him our situation. He went to get Hal, and then he signed our programs for us and talked for several minutes.(Even though it was almost time to start the game). We also saw Nuxhy then, and he said "Hi, boys", LOL.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.