Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Reds vs. Cards May 2, 2005

What's Graves attitude? Is it something like, I don't know, almost never happy, has no air of self-confidence and the lack of a bulldog mentality?

Yeah, the Sox had a guy like that once. Name? Heathcliff Slocumb. Dan Duquette (who I am gaining more respect for in spite of the farm system killing thing) turned him into Jason Varitek and Derek Lowe. Lowe was a bit uncomfortable, but he did get the job done at times.

MLB ERA
    Wait 'till you see some of the quotes in articles that are forthcoming...
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

The whoring of the Cardinals comeback on BT is appalling. Did they even show the lowlights of most of the other games today, like Sox/Tigers?

The BT guys are reaching Sox/Yanks levels with this Cardinal comeback. Woohoo, it was a big comeback fueled by bad relieving and not-so-great defense. Woo-freaking-hoo

MLB ERA
    They are doing that because they hate the Reds on ESPN.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

It's unnecessary considering there are highlights they hadn't even shown.

Showing it at the top of the show is fine and if you want to break down the 9th inning, do it there. Then show Mabry's HR and whatever in the Touch 'Em All segment, but do you need to say the Cards biggest comeback in the 9th inning every single minute. I'd kill 'em if they did that to the Sox in a similar situation. It's ridiculous and overbearing...being nice.

MLB ERA
    Well, I've said many times that ESPN hates the Reds, and they just continue to prove that point further. There is no way they would have talked as much about it as they did if it was another team.

MLB ERA
    How do you give up a 9 run lead!? That's pathetic.

MLB ERA
    It's not often that any team makes the biggest comeback in their teams history. When something like that happens, no matter what team it is, it should get a lot of attention.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Graves comments:

"I've been there before," said Graves, who allowed two home runs and was charged with his first blown save and loss of the season. "I know it's not going to be the last time. Obviously it's very frustrating. It's more frustrating that the hometown fans are booing us.

"The bottom line is we try the best we can. We're out there doing the best we can every time out. To have that happen makes us feel really small."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...505030385/1071

He is ridiculous.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314