Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Reds-Braves belated game thread

McCann flies out to LF. No runners advance. Francoeur up 1 out bases loaded.

Francoeur grounds into a double play, and the Reds win 5-4!

WOW! That was a nice finish.

MLB ERA
    That was a much needed win.

Good to see the offense get going after another slow start. Guardado has ice water in his veins.

That catch by Freel was insane!

I hope Bronson is ready to go on short rest, because it could be a gamble having Lohse face Smoltz on Sunday.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Guardado is terrific. When I was going though my recording of the game, I got a really bad feeling when I saw the intentional walk to Jones. Obviously that makes sense, but with the Reds it's often a move we regret more than just letting that batter hit. It's great to know we have a closer who can work out of that kind of trouble.

Anywho, Castro made a really nice play on that one with ranging back and getting a clean throw over to Phillips to turn it. Freel makes that spectacular catch and then runs straight into a wall, determination or what? Even Harang showed a lot today, he didn't have his best stuff but he was able to keep up respectable and in the game.

C you there
    MLB ERA
    I'm just happy that we finally got out of this streak and The Brewers beat the cardinals we gained a game upon the cardinals

MLB ERA
    I can't say enough how much I like the emotion Guardado shows out on the mound. You can tell he REALLY wants to win. He might even have more of a burning desire to win than Castellini.

Freel never gives up on a play. I wish all the players seemed to play that way. I was pleased to see another HR for Clayton tonight, but in the grand scheme of things(not that I want either starting) I think I'd rather see Castro starting than Clayton. He at least seems to get some clutch hits and go through some pretty good offensive periods in between his bad ones. And he doesn't have great range, but he seems to be much more reliable at making plays on the balls he DOES get to. I know I feel much better about him defensively than I do Clayton.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Oh man, I love seeing Guardado out there. Him picking up a save, expecially like that one is just like adding gasoline to a fire of excitement in the crowd. To have a closer with that kind of intensity is great.

As for Castro over Clayton I agree. The choice for me is still Phillips, but that's not realistic. Castro can be counted on for the routine out and solid flips. Clayton has been so erratic on defense lately with a sub-par bat, that we lose nothing with Castro and possibly could gain on both ends of the spectrum.

MLB ERA
    No doubt. He doesn't have stellar stuff at this point, but he gets by on "knowing how to pitch." He is similar to Weathers in some regards. He seems like a more consistent Weathers at this point, but both have the ability to translate limited stuff into coming through when needed at times as they both start to get older. They are both gutsy, unintimidated and don't give in easily.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Good point. I know I've ragged on Weathers but it seems like for his career he's one to surprise and then to upset. Hopefully he's on the upswing and will remain like that for the season. I just totally dig how Eddie takes his 86-88 heat up high, often for the strikeout, that's fearless to pitch like that. He has no problem with going in on the batter and to use his kind of stuff for effective strikeout rates like he's posting shows kind of intense personality you seek in a closer.

MLB ERA
    he lives for the 9th inning, and thats what i love.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I just saw the Freel highlite! OMG! No question that this guy can outlive his error a few days ago. I cannot believe the ground he covered on that one. WOW!

Seriously nice defense tonight for the Reds as it was the savior in this game no doubt. I agree that Guardado does have a lot of passion and I love that about him as well. Thank God for the defense and having a closer being able to get out of a bases loaded no out situation unscathed.

Exciting game and good win! Hopefully they can build on this as we go a game up on STL and ARI tonight!

MVP: Castro

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234