Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lohse to start Saturday, there's a shocker.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Lohse to start Saturday, there's a shocker.

Lohse will start Saturday

Well, it's official. Kyle Lohse will get the ball Saturday afternoon against the Braves. There's nothing wrong with Brandon Claussen physically, it's strictly a "baseball decision," according to Narron.

Claussen's rehab clock runs out next week, and he says he feels fine, so it'll be interesting to see what they do with him. He said no one has approached him about the possibility of sliding into a long-relief role.

posted by Marc at 4:07 PM
    Per Lancaster

Nobody really has seen Lohse in the NL.

So at least that is a plus.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    This says to me that Claussen sucks and probably needs another rehab start before he's activated.
    rf28

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    This says to me that 7 (Lohse) sucks and that Claussen sucks even worse.

I am not excited

MLB ERA
    I smell disaster.

MLB ERA
    His ERA is almost the same as Mays' ERA was.

We all knoew how successful that experiment was.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AAA ERA
    well folks, watching this LA series.. I am pretty much sure that this is as far as we go this year.. The starting rotation got us to this point by pitching way above their expectations.. reality has come crashing back in.. the fix of the bullpen isn't enough.. we did not do anything to help our rotation and this just proves it.. we were best off not doing anything to this team.. we have a horrible manager that is going to lose more games for us than he is going to win for us.. and now this, the end of the world.. I haven't gotten to watch a lot of games lately(mostly because it makes me sick to my stoumach to see Clayton in the lineup everyday, and not seeing Deno and EdE out there) but what little i did get to see happen to coincide with Lohse's Cincy debut in which every pitch he threw was pretty much put in play, and mostly for base hits... I recommend nobody watch the game saturday if you are a reds fan. because I think he may possibly be worst than Joe Mays.. if what i saw the other night is any indicator, it is going to be a massacre.
    I really love this organizaton.. Lohse is going to be in the pen, then not even a week later, here he is starting.. can you say.. BOLD FACE LIE.. cause that is what it is.. at this point. lets see Homer up here.. why, because i figure if we are going to sabotage ourselves this year, we might as well go all the way and committ future suicede by rushing him up here and wrecking him forever

MLB ERA
    I've been wondering what would happen if Claussen couldn't start or was obviously not going to be good enough. That's why I questioned the whole Lohse signing so much. You had to know they were thinking Claussen wasn't going to be ready but would use the excuse, "He's here for the bullpen" when it came to Lohse, before making him a starter when Claussen was unable to. It was so predictable for me.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    It would have been predictable for me as well if I didn't trust Krivsky so much. But having this happen does question him some.

So can we chalk it up as a sure loss on Saturday? Or an offensive explosion to cover Lohse's destruction?

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    It would have been predictable for me as well if I didn't trust Krivsky so much. But having this happen does question him some.

So can we chalk it up as a sure loss on Saturday? Or an offensive explosion to cover Lohse's destruction?
    I say he gets rocked for 2 or 3 runs in the first, and maybe 3 or 4 in the 2nd, and will be yanked by the 3rd inning after giving up 8 runs.. making it a very long day for our bullpen which will have good performances by a couple guys, the Reds will pull close to make it 8-6 in the 7th inning when Majewski comes in and gives up another 3 runs, the Reds will be down 11-8 going into the 9th and will lose 11-10

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    The Reds will score 10 runs with this offense? Who are we playing Saturday? Isn't it the Cards?

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    The Reds will score 10 runs with this offense? Who are we playing Saturday? Isn't it the Cards?
    Atlanta.. notice i said most of the runs come later, against the bullpen, and when EdE, Ross, and Deno come off the bench to get those runs in

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Nope, EdE, Ross, and Deno will not be the ones coming off the bench. That is given to the almighty Valentin and the greatest choice Narron could make in LaRue. (sarcasm) This completely defines the nature at which Narron is trying to destroy playoff chances.

AAA ERA
    Well Valentin will be his first pinch hitter when Mays Jr is yanked.. so he would bat in like the 3rd inning.. and LaRue will be starting so that would mean that EdE, Deno, and Ross would be the likely pinch hitters

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I honestly think in that situation he would put in Valentin or Larue only if it were a clutch situation. Then he has no choice but to go with Ross, EdE, and Deno.

But Valentin would either be saved for the late innings or will come in when it is a clutch situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast