Thread: Stat for the day: EdE vs. Aurilia

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Stat for the day: EdE vs. Aurilia

Both EdE and Aurilia have made exactly 1 error apiece in the last month. Yeah Aurilia has had more games which would mean he has had more of a sample size to measure right? But check this out, with all the games that Aurilia has played and EdE has not, he has only made 2 more assists than EdE in that time.

Does this define range?

AAA ERA
    EdE's "bad" fielding is just an excuse for Narron to play the ambigulously gay dueo everyday (Aurillia and Clayton)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    A little taste of Narron's mind:

Reds manager Jerry Narron knows what Joe Reds Fan wants. He had Edwin Encarnacion in the lineup Wednesday night against the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Playing Encarnacion has become the cause of the moment for e-mailers and talk show callers.

Encarnacion has become a backup to Rich Aurilia, despite the fact Encarnacion went into Wednesday hitting .375 with a home run and six RBI in his last 11 games. (He went 0-for-4 Wednesday.) He also was leading the team in average with runners in scoring position at .319.

Aurilia is hitting .357 with three home runs and seven RBI since the All-Star break.

"I'd like to be able to play both of them," Narron said. "They both give us real good at-bats."

Narron does play both of them against left-handers, with Aurilia moving to first.

Narron, however, hasn't played Aurilia at second or shortstop lately to get him, Encarnacion and Scott Hatteberg in the lineup at the same time.

Brandon Phillips has been stellar defensively at second and has put his hitting slump behind him.

But the reason Aurilia has gotten the bulk of the playing time at third is defense. He has six errors; Encarnacion has 15.

Narron said as much when addressing the club's defense Wednesday.

"With Richie at third, we've got a solid guy at third," Narron said. "I know Eddie works hard. He's out there every day with early work."

-john fay

AAA ERA
    hmmm its funny, but even the article says it, Why isn't Rich just playing SS.. you can't tell me he would be any worse than Clayton. I mean if you are not going to put Phillips at SS, why not put Aurillia there to get EdE in the lineup.

Freel/Denorfia RF
    Hatteberg 1B
    Griffey CF (only cause he cries when he doesn't bat 3rd)
    Aurillia SS
    Dunn LF
    Encarnacion 3B
    Phillips 2B
    Ross C
    p

how is that, i mean for a Narron lead team to do.. i mean its still not what I would do, but its a start

I would do this

Freel 2B
    Denorfia RF
    Dunn LF
    Aurillia/Hatteberg 1B
    Griffey CF
    Encarnacion 3B
    Phillips SS
    Ross C

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    That second lineup is exactly correct!