Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lohse to start Saturday, there's a shocker.

AAA ERA
    ok, so the reds lose 11-5

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Just heard that Lohse will be pitching on Sunday now as Arroyo will move up to Saturady. Heard it on the radio. Anyone else see anything on this?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    During batting practice yesterday, Bronson Arroyo approached pitching coach Tom Hume and asked if he could move his start up a day to Saturday. Those two then took the idea to Jerry Narron, who agreed, and Wayne Krivsky did as well.

The impetus, according to Arroyo, was a mixture of restlessness and wanting to shake things up since he hasn't been pitching as well lately, a desire to make sure he pitches against the Cardinals, and wanting to allow Kyle Lohse a more normal pre-start routine.

In fact, Arroyo said he'd make going on three days' rest permanent if it was up to him.

"I’ve been wanting to go to a four-man rotation all year," he said. "I know nobody else wants to do that. A five-man rotation, if you stay on your normal days, is fine for everybody. But the thing is, when you start throwing in all these off days and you go to six, I know some guys like that for rest and they feel good, but I have even more of a problem with my command and I never have as good stuff. I’d rather pitch on three days’ rest than five."
    I understand what he would want, but thank God they don't go to a 4-man.

Good for Arroyo to step it up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12