Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zach Ward traded for Kyle Lohse

MLB ERA

Zach Ward traded for Kyle Lohse

Per Lancaster and elsewhere. I really hope this press conference isn't to talk about Lohse. Blah.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AAA ERA
    I like Lohse, but who is Zach Ward?
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ
    Pittsburgh Pirates Detroit Tigers St. Louis Cardinals

2012 B/S Keeper League Champ - Boston Terror

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I thought he was a bit actor that played opposite Christopher Titus in his self-titled tv show.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ward was the Reds #13 spect coming into the season. 2005 3rd round pick out of Gardner-Webb. Good arm with a pretty good fastball-slider combination, but his mechanics have been a problem and he doesn't have a third pitch yet, so he'll probably end up in the pen.

His minor league stats are real nice though, for this season.

AAA ERA
    Yeah, I heard he wad dominating in the midwest league, but people were scratching theirm heads on why he hadn't been demoted.

I guess because WayK was letting the tole boy pad the stats against small competition and didn't wanna risk him getting knocked around and lose his value with a promotion.
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Considering that Lohse was a Twin, this is not very surprising. I guess he is our fifth starter.
    rf28

AAA ERA
    Lohse is good, may need a bit straightening out.
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Lohse? 'Scuse me while I go vomit.

SEASONTEAMGGSCGSHOIPHRERHRBBSOWLSVHLDBLSVGBFBG/FERA
    2004Min353411194.0240128115287611191300--2962511.185.34
    2005Min313000178.2211858322448691300--2812241.254.18
    2006Min2280063.2805050825462500--7.0781850.95

Lohse makes 3.95 million! Why are we adding a complete junk pitcher? Oh, yeah, former Twin. I only posted his last three years as that gives some of the good, the bad and the ugly. First off for his career Lohse is EXTREMELY hittable, a career .285 BA against him with only respectable numbers from there being seen in 2003. A career WHIP of 1.45. His highest K/9 for a whole season was 6.18 in 2002. When he's right he seems to be a starter barely keeping it together for success, he's still hittable but is either a balanced G/F guy or leaning towards the groundball, he won't post dominating strikeout totals, and I really have no clue why we would want him. He's young I guess but Ward is an underrated prospect and Lohse's 2004 season (sadly being the "good" in that group) was paired up with a luck to attain that ERA. Plus this is a guy who gives up the longball, even if he's posting a nice G/F ratio as he's given up 26 twice and 28 once. It's going to be real fun to see him at 35 for GAB.

In other words, I don't get this at all.

MLB ERA
    What a waste of a move for sure. How can we put this guy in the rotation? He is much more effective in the pen, so he better go there. If he does though, that still doesn't explain the mysterious fifth starter situation.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    We're so lucky that we get a 4:30 p.m. press conference to discuss the trade of a couple of relievers for a couple of minor leaguers, while the real franchises will be discussing deals for Soriano and the like. Castellini and Krivsky keep insisting they want to win this year, but their effort to do so has only been half-hearted. I am so tired of this pathetic organization.

The chances of them remaining in the race with their current rotation aren't very good and they could use another bat to replace our awful SS, since for some reason we can't put Phillips at SS, Freel at 2B and Edwin at 3B.

They should have just traded Freel and Edwin since they only play about 1/2 the time anyway. We would have had a chance at a decent starter for them. Instead they will continue to sit on the bench while we get to watch Lohse and his over 7 ERA pitch like Joe Mays.

Gag me.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The one thing about Lohse is that unlike some seasons, he's been pretty unluck this year. I looked at his post-ASG numbers and giving up 2 HR's in 8.1 innings does scare me. I could live with him in the pen as a trial chance, not in an essential role, but I fear he is the starter. Krivsky stated Everyday Eddie need his old role back to find success and I am sure he will bring up Lohse's few decent years saying that he had success and a new scenery would change everything. Of course I hope I am wrong.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    We're so lucky that we get a 4:30 p.m. press conference to discuss the trade of a couple of relievers for a couple of minor leaguers, while the real franchises will be discussing deals for Soriano and the like. Castellini and Krivsky keep insisting they want to win this year, but their effort to do so has only been half-hearted. I am so tired of this pathetic organization.
    I know a lot of people are saying the Reds haven't added much because they refuse to trade their big pieces, and I am happy because of that (although a young and talented player would be fine in my eyes to trade a chip for.) But there are deals to be had if you're willing to take on salary, look at that Abreu deal yesterday.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    There was NO WAY the Reds were going to make a ridiculous deal like the Yankees did yesterday. The Yanks gave up their best prospect not named Philip Hughes in that deal. If it were the Reds, the Phillies would have demanded Homer Bailey, and we are not about to do that. Unless we move Dunn in a deal, we aren't getting anything of note.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Keep him in the pen, THIS I could live with e-a-s-i-l-y.

SPLITERAWLSvSvOGGSIPHRERHRBBSOBAA
    July3.1800009017.013662214.220

The homerun total is a bit too high for me considering the move he'll be making. But he showed excellent control, posted a very nice K/9 and wasn't too hittable. If we could get that or even a bit worse, I will be ok with this deal.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    There was NO WAY the Reds were going to make a ridiculous deal like the Yankees did yesterday. The Yanks gave up their best prospect not named Philip Hughes in that deal. If it were the Reds, the Phillies would have demanded Homer Bailey, and we are not about to do that. Unless we move Dunn in a deal, we aren't getting anything of note.
    I am using that as a point of reference, not a direct comparison or a statement of what we could of done. Abreu went cheaper due to the cash. I don't understand the reason we had to give up a solid arm for Kyle Lohse who's played shitty overall and makes near 4 mil. We seemed too eager for him. Plus I think if we looked and we're willing to add salary, we could find a deal that avoids at least the big three of Bailey, Bruce and Votto (I'd rather have Votto than Wood or Cueto personally.)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast