Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Zach Ward traded for Kyle Lohse

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    I think it's nice that the Reds want Brandon Webb, but consider the price. If the D'Backs were to extract Arroyo (who would be the "equal" starter in return, the difference between the two pitchers couldn't be more than 2 or 3 wins over the course of a full season. The alternative is to trade what little farm the Reds have left, and probably Encarnacion, since he's the only Red with an upside left in his career. You'd have a top rotation, and absolutely no offense around it.
    No offense??? How about Dunn? Unless you were referring to the future...
    rf28

Bailey for Webb? What are you guys crazy? No way do you trade Bailey, he should be absolutely untouchable.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun21
    Bailey for Webb? What are you guys crazy? No way do you trade Bailey, he should be absolutely untouchable.
    If he had advanced secondary pitches I would agree. The only way I would trade Bailey was if we got back a starter to anchor the staff, has youth and an affordable contract. Webb would be ours for two years at least, turned 27 this season, posts an INSANE G/F ratio of 3.8 for his career, respectable K/9, isn't very hittable and can usually be counted on for 200+. He's a local boy and would likely sign to a LTC. There are few guys I would trade Bailey for, none of which I've heard for trade except Webb.

But again, I haven't heard anything about the Reds involvement in this so I think this is a non-issue without question. And I think Wayne K is just fine with keeping Bailey and I think the Diamondbacks would ONLY trade him if they get back way way more than just Bailey. Because unless they did that, it wouldn't make any sense for them given their position.

MLB ERA
    Except even if Bailey's as good as advertised(not certain), he likely will be no better than Webb, who is a proven commodity and is still young.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Watch the Reds trade Bailey and Encarnacion and hire Dusty Baker. Hey, it worked for the Cubs.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    Watch the Reds trade Bailey and Encarnacion and hire Dusty Baker. Hey, it worked for the Cubs.
    No thanks, Narron abuses our pitchers enough as it is.

I really doubt Ward will become anything great. We have had so many of his so called types over recent years like Basham and Gardener.

I don't hate this trade, at the same time I'm not jumping up and down with joy. I just don't know why some people have to be so negative. It's like Carl has come back.

MLB ERA
    Why be so negative?

It's funny you mentioned Lindner in that same sentence. The reason we have to be negative is because the organization continues to make lame deals that don't really do much to improve the team.

We're still waiting for that "burning to desire to win" that Castellini said he has.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

At least he's trying to some degree.

Lindner never cared about winning.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345