Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zach Ward traded for Kyle Lohse

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    Tony Armas Jr. is available.

Jay Bruce would be pretty nice.

Unfortunately, the SP market is weak this year, and if the Reds want anyone, they're settling for someone very iffy (Livan Hernandez, Armas, Kip Wells), and they'll probably have to overpay a little to do it. They also seem reticent to deal their better prospects (reasonably so), and that would also put a snag in some things.
    It's very weak, but if the Reds looked hard enough, they could find a reasonable deal for both sides. Sadly I think we'll have the honor of landing a Mark Redman at an overpriced deal versus someone decent.

MLB ERA
    I'm sure we're not about to make a Scott Rolen type deal like the Cards like to make. That is one brilliant franchise. They didn't even need Pujols for quite a while to likely win this division anyway, while we continue to go after cheaper, poor players. I don't care what prospects we have to give up to get a REAL starter. Webb and Schmidt are both available for the RIGHT price and I don't care how much in the way of "potential" we'd have to give up to get either one.

We either need to go for hard this year or we shouldn't have made any moves at all and not even worried about making the playoffs this year. Don't teeter on the edge. It's a staple of this miserable franchise.

I am SO tired of it.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AAA ERA
    man, I just don't know, I mean I wanted to argue with Tracy Jones yesterday on extra Innings, as he is even now calling on bringing up Bailey.. if we don't pick up a 5th starter in the next 3 hours, I have a feeling that is going to be what the press conference is about, and I am not sure I am going to be pissed about it, I mean the last thing I want to see is him come up and get rocked and wreck his confidence forever.. but on the other hand if he even gives us half of what he has done in AA, we are going to be in good shape for the stretch run

MLB ERA
    Redman would probably be a decent pick-up, if they don't give up any of their higher prospects for him. He's better than how he's pitching right now, at the last, and have this odd feeling that merely being on KC makes the players worse.

And CRF, there is no way in hell Brandon Webb is available.

MLB ERA
    Redman would probably be a decent pick-up, if they don't give up any of their higher prospects for him. He's better than how he's pitching right now, at the last, and have this odd feeling that merely being on KC makes the players worse.

And CRF, there is no way in hell Brandon Webb is available.
    Actually...he is...for the right price.

Legitimate sources in other areas have indicated it quite clearly. A scout for another team said so.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    I'm sure we're not about to make a Scott Rolen type deal like the Cards like to make. That is one brilliant franchise. They didn't even need Pujols for quite a while to likely win this division anyway, while we continue to go after cheaper, poor players. I don't care what prospects we have to give up to get a REAL starter. Webb and Schmidt are both available for the RIGHT price and I don't care how much in the way of "potential" we'd have to give up to get either one.

We either need to go for hard this year or we shouldn't have made any moves at all and not even worried about making the playoffs this year. Don't teeter on the edge. It's a staple of this miserable franchise.

I am SO tired of it.
    Webb is not for trade, I would be SHOCKED if he was. And you would trade Bailey for a risk (both in contract, age and injury) in Schmidt? And I know Schmidt can be almost the most dominating pitcher in the NL often, but that would be a foolish risk for the Reds IMO.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Actually...he is...for the right price.

Legitimate sources in other areas have indicated it quite clearly. A scout for another team said so.
    Wow. Forget my last post then. Who's interested and what for?

MLB ERA
    I'd like to see any of these sources, and I'd love to see them be credible sources as well.

Webb is the best pitcher in the NL, he's 27, he's got two arb years left, the D-Backs are still in contention. If they won't trade Luis Gonzalez at the deadline, it's highly doubtful they'd give up Webb unless they got a whole treasure-trove for him.

MLB ERA
    Webb is up for trade and I would trade Bailey for either one of those if we really want to make the playoffs. Otherwise we should have NOT made any trades and just collapsed like we do every other year around this time. No fence-sitting.

I love everyone telling me Webb isn't up for trade when I know he is.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Webb is up for trade and I would trade Bailey for either one of those if we really want to make the playoffs. Otherwise we should have NOT made any trades and just collapsed like we do every other year around this time. No fence-sitting.

I love everyone telling me Webb isn't up for trade when I know he is.
    Well obviously I corrected myself after reading your followup post. I thought the first post was just speculation. My apologies.

I would include Bailey in a Webb trade, but I would have to think more big pieces would have to be included (and rightfully so.)

MLB ERA
    I'd like to see any of these sources, and I'd love to see them be credible sources as well.

Webb is the best pitcher in the NL, he's 27, he's got two arb years left, the D-Backs are still in contention. If they won't trade Luis Gonzalez at the deadline, it's highly doubtful they'd give up Webb unless they got a whole treasure-trove for him.

I don't really care what you think...I know this source has been proven right MANY times.

What you think is "highly doubtful" doesn't really matter to me.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Well obviously I corrected myself after reading your followup post. I thought the first post was just speculation. My apologies.

I would include Bailey in a Webb trade, but I would have to think more big pieces would have to be included (and rightfully so.)

I don't care who's included. He would be an ACE for years and he is a proven commodity. As I said, we have wasted SOME talent in our trades so far and we very well might STILL miss the playoffs. If you are going to give up any talent at all, you better be sure you put yourself in a position to make the playoffs, otherwise we won't make it and will then be terrible next year.

MLB ERA
    Since you haven't even named the source, I'm going to continue to doubt you, and you're going to continue to not care.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    thanks for taking Lohse!! Finally the baseball gods listened to me Hell I would have taken alot less for him. Good luck with the failure Lohse!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I don't care who's included. He would be an ACE for years and he is a proven commodity. As I said, we have wasted SOME talent in our trades so far and we very well might STILL miss the playoffs. If you are going to give up any talent at all, you better be sure you put yourself in a position to make the playoffs, otherwise we won't make it and will then be terrible next year.
    Like I said, if we're giving up anything to get a starter, if it's a big piece, it better be one to package with Harang and Arroyo for several seasons. Does your source indicate any chance of the Reds getting in on this?

For players like Webb (who would fit great in GAB), I lift my hesistations on trading prospects.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast