Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what does Wayne K do?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Just watch us trade Freel and EdE so Rich can take 3B full-time.
    then i swear I would find another team to follow.

I just can't kick this whole Wilson thing all of a sudden. Why the heck would we need him? I am hearing that the BoSox are working on some 4 team multi-deal somehow involving possibly Crisp and/or Pena. The interesting thing is, the Reds may be one of those 4 teams. Wilson could be added and we may very well be trading someone like Denorfia for pitching through the Bucs, BoSox, or whatever other team that may be involved.

Lots could be generating and it is all a mess right now. Hopefully we find out more soon.

MLB ERA
    I read where someone pointed out that Randy Wolf is coming off the DL for the Phillies tomorrow and they need to make a roster move tomorrow. Also, Abreu didn't start tonight, albeit against Willis. He typically starts every game regardless of the pitcher though...
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    These literally are black and white decisions the Reds are making. There is no grey area in between. It's not a case about Paul Wilson or Jimmy Haynes pitching with luck on their side (as evident by the stats) to pick up overrated wins. Or why Dunn is being persecuted despite still performing (just not having the typical "pretty" stats.) It's just fact and you can't get around that, yet the Reds do. Freel is a dream leadoff man, he has speed, he can hit for average, he can play defense and he's versatile. That's just looking at the typical scout observations. Let's consider his OBP, the number of pitches he takes during an at-bat, etc.... his value is there, yet we ignore it. As I posted a few days ago, Aurilia and Hatteberg both have dominating splits from one side of the plate, it isn't debateable, it's true. Given that they both (hopefully) are not longterm solutions to this team, you would think Narron would pair them up for about the most lethal platoon in the NL while playing the youth and the future in Encarnacion. Speaking of which is a young player who has shown strides at the plate and a great offensive future. Not to mention that he is a great athlete who has had struggles on defense but how do we expect him to improve if he sits on the bench or gets irregular playing time? The Reds could have this dominating offense, even without Kearns and Lopez, if they would just look at the simple facts and make decisions based off of things you can measure... like results obviously and not the scrappiness a player shows.

MLB ERA
    Now I'm going to be trying to check up on all of the rumors for the next few hours since my plans to go to the Country-Western place have been postponed for a few days.

This team is going to give me a heart attack, one way or the other, lol.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Now I'm going to be trying to check up on all of the rumors for the next few hours since my plans to go to the Country-Western place have been postponed for a few days.

This team is going to give me a heart attack, one way or the other, lol.
    Cool, keep us informed. I hope that we arent done and Krivsky can find something to work out without us paying a ton.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    The rumors are moving at a wildfire pace right now. This is getting insane.

MLB ERA
    LoL anything even remotely varified or mostly in the *kicking the tires* phase.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Umm, hook me up brother!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    You guys think anything would come to fruition tonight? Well, in the EST time zone I would be meaning as early as this morning?

Matt Stairs and Jeremy Affeldt for Edwin Encarnacion and Ryan Freel and a PTBNL

Reds GM Wayne Krivsky said "We needed to improve our bullpen and when we heard Affeldt was available, we had to get him". When asked for comment about Stairs, Wayne Krivsky referred us to Jerry Narron, who gave us the rationale behind asking for this once-in-a-lifetime player. "We really needed a second baseman who plays the game the right way", said Narron, "and once we saw Stairs, who has experience at second, we knew we had to have him at once. He will be a key piece in the lineup."

The PTBNL, sent on August 17th, was OF Adam Dunn, because he stayed in his chair for too long post game and ran up the electric bill.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    For what it's worth, there are some individuals who are closely associated with the team that think a deal for a starter might happen today.

It's going to be an interesting day...

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Too bad I will likely be sleeping! Well I hope not, but I am pretty darned tired.

Anyway, I hope it's an interesting day more so than a frustrating day (whether it's inactive or a desire that you wished we were inactive.) I expect to see and hear many trade rumors without one credible source of backing, but then again I think everyone but me and everyone else hear knows someone in the front office. Lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12