Thread: If more age leads to playing the game the right way, Narron followers will love this

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

If more age leads to playing the game the right way, Narron followers will love this

Kansas City, Mo.
    The Orioles could have a tough decision on their hands in the coming weeks regarding the future of Jeff Conine , who signed a one-year, $1.7 million deal in December with an option for a second season.
    The option vests if Conine reaches 450 plate appearances and the 40-year-old is on pace to eclipse that mark with 320 plate appearances with 61 games remaining. Conine would earn $2 million next season if the option vests, a high price for a player who will turn 41 next June and is obviously not in the club's long-term plans.

There's still a decent chance that the Orioles could trade Conine before Monday's non-waiver deadline, making his contract a non-issue. The St. Louis Cardinals, Atlanta Braves, Cincinnati Reds and Seattle Mariners are among the teams that are interested in Conine, who would likely bring a mid-level prospect in return.
    Click here for the full article

As a Braves fan and prospective suitor for Conine, I am not happy with these rumours. Conine's ancient and he isn't very good nor is he an upgrade over what we have now (Diaz).
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Or Langerhans or Thorman.
    Why are they even considering persuing a position that's not needed. Pitching, damnit, go after a real pitcher or closer.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    For that matter, why do the Reds want him either? Nobody should be going after this guy. It would be a colossal waste of money. Then again, he may be better than the Wise and McCrackens of the world.