Thread: Mays to stay in rotation...unless a trade is made

MLB ERA

Mays to stay in rotation...unless a trade is made

"As of right now, unless something changes — a four-man rotation or a trade — Mays will go back out there," Narron said.

A four-man rotation?

"I just threw that out there to give people something to talk about," Narron said with a laugh.

-Dayton Daily News "Reds Notes" for 6/24/06
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    So does Narron have man-love for Mays seeing that he is a vet or does Krivsky have man-love for Mays seeing that he is an ex-Twin (aka, his Jason Romano.) Or possibly, could their man-love had join forces meaning that we are stuck with Mays for years to come?

I am shocked to say this, but I miss Brandon Claussen.

MLB ERA
    I'm thinking a trade is nearing, but I COULD be wrong.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

I'm thinking incriminating photos of Bowden and Krivsky at a bookstore on the shady side of town.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    I'm thinking a trade is nearing, but I COULD be wrong.
    Kriv has to see the need for it. And frankly I hope we're not relying on AAA. They missed that boat by not trying out a guy like Germano or Dumatrait for Mays last start and we can't count on Claussen obviously. A trade has to be in the works I am thinking, let's just hope it's for a guy closer to 30 than 40 so we can at least take refuge in the fact (assuming they overpay like most deadline deals) that we'll have some viable playing time from this mystery man other than this season.

MLB ERA
    I just don't think having Mays start again jives with the FO "win now" mandate and what Krivsky himself has been talking about for weeks now. I would think they would at least call up someone like Germano or something for Mays unless they are nearing a trade.

That combined with the fact that a couple reliable individuals have hinted at a deal approaching leads me to believe one is.

Germano became a beast in the ESPN/Sega Sports baseball game from a year ago and change. He had great potential, I always drafted him and he often had a huge boost at year's end.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Kriv has to see the need for it. And frankly I hope we're not relying on AAA. They missed that boat by not trying out a guy like Germano or Dumatrait for Mays last start and we can't count on Claussen obviously. A trade has to be in the works I am thinking, let's just hope it's for a guy closer to 30 than 40 so we can at least take refuge in the fact (assuming they overpay like most deadline deals) that we'll have some viable playing time from this mystery man other than this season.

With Narron finding it harder and harder to find PT for EdE and with him trying to say he "really likes" EdE, it makes me think he either really doesn't at all or just can't bring himself to not play Auriila. If that's the case, it might be that either Aurilia or Hatteberg is on the block and maybe someone like Denorfia or something?

There is some chatter going on elsewhere that Julio Lugo could be on the Reds' radar in a packaged deal with some pitching also going to the Reds in a multi-team trade.

AAA ERA
    well the only thing I can say is that Mays makes Milton look like a good pitcher.. if we could get another guy, it could help tremendously, because Milton has definately shown that he is still the same guy from last year, if he hadn't spent some time on the DL he would be on pace to break the record for HR's allowed.. he got lucky last night, but still lost.. anyway back to Mays.

obviously I think he means 4 man rotation when its possible to skip the 5th guy, it just doesn't happen enough to call ita 4 man rotation.

If move isn't made by the deadline, we could be in real trouble, if they are to keep with the win now philosophy, then any pitcher who is better than Mays, and preferably Milton will do reguardless of age