Thread: Narron= Bob Boone?

MLB ERA

Narron= Bob Boone?

And I'm talking beyond the terrible job he does as the team's manager.

This was his reason for PH Hatteberg for EdE today. Is there a certain phrase/word that seems VERY similar to one that Boone was made fun of relentlessly for using a few years ago?

"He's one of the toughest guys in all of baseball to strike out," Narron said of Hatteberg. "That's the real reason I sent him up there for Eddie. Bradford is just a FUNKY RIGHT-HANDER that can be very difficult with right-handed hitters. With one out, I like my chances with Hattie out there. "

I wonder if "kooky left-handers" are harder to hit than "funky right-handers."
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Reds are sure doing their all to make sure Ed E is a happy camper in Cincy. Trading away his close friends in Wily Mo and FeLo, never playing him, lacking the confidence in him to get a sac fly (or jeez, even knock in some with a clutch hit as he's known to do.)

The Reds have to be among the worst when it comes to handling young talent. Yeah, they often pull through it but think about some of the hoops players under 25 have had to jump through and endure while in Cincy. FeLo was nearly burned at the stake for his first season with us. Dunn was hitting like the star many projected him to be, but why not mess his swing up for good measure. They had no clue what to do with Pena (until Kriv.) Among others, and now Ed E. Sure some were headcases (Wagner in particular). Some were problems due to roster space (Pena obviously), but so often these have been controllable problems with these young guys, often casued by the manger at the lead (sadly.)

MLB ERA
    Excellent post, mission. I agree with all of that.

We need to understand that Edwin can't hit funky right-handers. It doesn't matter that he was perfect on the day and looked great at the plate with some long AB before that or that he had reached base in 11 of his last 13 appearances. We just had to use our second best PH option(maybe best?) behind Griffey in that situation(instead of the 8th or 9th for someone like Clayton!) because he is a vet who doesn't K and knows how to play the game the right way.

It's too bad Narron manages the game the WRONG way.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.