Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Reds tried to get Tejada, but didn't want to give up Bailey

MLB ERA

Rumor: Reds tried to get Tejada, but didn't want to give up Bailey

A couple more tasty Tejada nuggets: The Reds kicked the tires on the superstar shortstop, but a deal couldn't be completed without including stud pitcher Homer Bailey. In my opinion, if the Reds are really going for the gold this year, they should've pulled the trigger. Also, the reason the Angels are resisting a Tejada deal: Mike Scioscia. Scioscia doesn't want Tejada bringing his...influence...into the clubhouse

-www.mlbrumors.com
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Tejada would put us well over the top IMO. maybe we can swing a Baileyless deal closer to the deadline if he still goes untraded. He could also help Encarnacion's defense and give him a mentor.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If we don't give up Bailey, we would essentially murder our depth. Neither of which I am too interested in doing.

Understandable on both sides. The Reds would want a guy like Tejada, but don't want to give up a potential future ace, while all the Orioles want is that. Although you have to figure that for someone like Tejada, if the Reds get any salary compensation, a Bruce or Bailey (sadly) would be required unless the rest of the farm or a young major leaguer is given up.

How about Edwin and Freel to start, not like Narron will use them.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The asking price is reasonable but asinine for the Reds to pull the trigger on considering this could (or rather is) be our pitching prospect since Soto.

Basically, with Bailey, the Reds should be taking a Yankees approach with Hughes: We're not dealing him. Well, unless someone offers a Kazmir or Liriano or if some GM gets drunk and does that.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Tejada is a risk because who knows if he will be happy in Cincy? They will compete this year bit if they have a rocky start next year, who is to say Tejada won't be begging for a trade again?

AAA ERA
    actually glad to see they didn't pull the trigger on this.. i was worried after the Lopez/Kearns deal that the idea was to win this year and sacrifice our future.. that is clearly not the case then.. its clearly the case that the current organization isnt high on Lopez or Kearns

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLman2033
    actually glad to see they didn't pull the trigger on this.. i was worried after the Lopez/Kearns deal that the idea was to win this year and sacrifice our future.. that is clearly not the case then.. its clearly the case that the current organization isnt high on Lopez or Kearns
    Yep I can agree with that. I am very glad to see that we won't trade Bailey for seemingly anything at all. I really like that idea and am glad our future is still somewhat protected. At least as far as spects go.

And this organization was not as high on Kearns and Felo as we were that is a good point. But we are now having to add our best young chip to that mix now as well. EdE is actually HATED to the point that he doesn't EVER play anymore.

I really wonder if he is going to be dealt soon.

We can't afford to deal Edwin, unless we want absolutely NO infield prospects in our system.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun21
    We can't afford to deal Edwin, unless we want absolutely NO infield prospects in our system.
    well redsrbetter said, i don't think this organization cares, if you can't field well you are out.. and so EdE maybe moved before the deadline if we can get someone to help us out right now.. cause Narron has no problems playing Aurillia at 3B and Clayton at SS. sure we wont have a future, but they are not thinking about it like that..

Quote Originally Posted by homerun21
    He's not being used by Narron, so I don't see why not.

MLB ERA
    Does anyone buy the "play the hot bat" excuse with Aurilia? 13 game hitting streak or whatever? Just thought Id ask.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    To be honest, I do. But why not play him at 2B and move Phillips to SS? Its like he is choosing Clayton over EdE as well. Clayton has done a decent job the last few games as well, but you can't keep sitting your rising star.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    To be honest, I do. But why not play him at 2B and move Phillips to SS? Its like he is choosing Clayton over EdE as well. Clayton has done a decent job the last few games as well, but you can't keep sitting your rising star.
    Well when was the last time Phillips played SS? Maybe the organization isnt wanting to risk that sort of move and change in mid flow because its been a while and they dont want to risk Phillips confidence?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast