Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable, Edwin out of the lineup again..

Unbelievable, Edwin out of the lineup again..

I think Narron's trying to lose. This is Busch League.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    lol, "Busch League". Good one.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    nevermind...that is busch league!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    He has no clue on how to properly put together an lineup that can perform. I honestly think the Reds are winning IN SPITE of Narron's tomfoolery.

Why again was his contract extended BEFORE the end of the season???
    rf28

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I don't think I can take watching the game tonight. How am I supposed to back this team when it's obvious that our manager has a serious hate out on our most talented prospect to come up since Kearns and one who has not done anything wrong other than some rookie mistakes.

It's not like the Mets can hit or anything, and we need our best bats in there.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I officially apologize for backing Krivsky's decision on extending Narron's contract. This is ridiculous! Count me in on the fire Narron bandwagon!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, Jerry knows about as much about managing a team as Bob Boone. I don't blame Krivsky for that move, though. I blame RCast. It is probably the worst move he's made since he bought the team.

Narron the Nincompoop definitely must GO.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Narron is an idiot with the lineups and from what I've heard, everyone and their brother thought he should have removed Milton before he did tonight(ended up giving up a Grand Slam). Milton isn't good and he should have taken him out earlier with his HR tendencies. Poor game. It's time to Harang and Arroyo to pitch well in this series for us.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yep, I was screaming at my computer before the salami even happened. After Milton threw four balls to LoDuca, Narron decided to keep him in.

I don't get it. Didn't Krivsky just trade some quality position players for bullpen help? Narron had no excuse for his actions last night. No EdE, and horrible decisions with the pitching last night.

MLB ERA
    Not to mention the team continues to spout "we want to win now" but then Narron continues to bat Aurilia cleanup(I don't care that he had three hits last night, we stll know what he's usually like against RHP) and he continues to bat Griffey, who is frankly the worst No. 3 hitter in baseball right now, in that spot. Griffey's .300 OBP in the three-hole is simply not acceptable for that spot.

A couple of alarming Griffey stats and why it's time to move him down in the order for now, whether he likes it or not:

.186/.217/.395/.613 on first pitch swings (most on the team)

He also has one game with multiple BB this year and three BB total since June 27.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Not to mention the team continues to spout "we want to win now" but then Narron continues to bat Aurilia cleanup(I don't care that he had three hits last night, we stll know what he's usually like against RHP) and he continues to bat Griffey, who is frankly the worst No. 3 hitter in baseball right now, in that spot. Griffey's .300 OBP in the three-hole is simply not acceptable for that spot.

A couple of alarming Griffey stats and why it's time to move him down in the order for now, whether he likes it or not:

.186/.217/.395/.613 on first pitch swings (most on the team)

He also has one game with multiple BB this year and three BB total since June 27.
    yeah I can't understand how you continue to bat Jr in the 3 hole when his BA is lower than Adam Dunns

MLB ERA
    Narron doesn't seem to look at stats. If you are a vet, it doesn't matter how bad you are. If you are young, he comes up with every excuse in the book to not play you.

In essence, he's a joke of a manager.

MLB ERA
    Here was his reason for leaving Milton in the game so long last night. This sounds full of vet love to me:

I just got burned a little bit with my heart there," Narron said. "Miltie has shown a lot of heart and we have a lot of guys that do. Tonight, I got burned by trying to repay it a little bit."

"He did a good job getting Reyes out with second and third, one out," Narron said. "I thought he deserved a shot at it."

And Milton, whose confidence the manager was trying to boost:

"Obviously, that wasn't the right move," Milton said. "I didn't get the job done. Second-guess all you want."

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Here was his reason for leaving Milton in the game so long last night. This sounds full of vet love to me:

"Obviously, that wasn't the right move," Milton said. "I didn't get the job done. Second-guess all you want."
    we will

I think the problem is we don't have a real 3 hole type hitter. Dunn is the closest thing we have next to junior, but he seems to struggle with no protection. I would consider moving Dunn to the 3 spot and Hatty or Edwin to the 2 spot. Hatty has great at bats and see's a lot of pitches, and can put a bunt down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast