Thread: Krivsky on Jim Rome now!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Krivsky on Jim Rome now!

Lets se what he has to say...

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    -First he talks about his fortunate event of becoming a GM with having great mentors along the way.

-He talks about the Righetti trade from back in the day and that he was involved with it. Not much else on that...

-Jim asks him about the risk in the trade. Wayne says "You're only as good as your scouts and what they give you." "I did not know Bill Bray." He jsut goes back and forth and says what he would do and what he would not do. Its a back and forth deal. Its controversial sometimes, but he is ready for that.

-He does care about ticket holders and fans and was very curious of how the reaction would be to the last trade. But he has to keep it on a baseball level. "You have to go with your gut and go with what you need."

-He did it because we really needed bullpen help. "We have an entirely different look in our bullpen."

-Talks about how hard it is to get pitching. "The two guys we just acquired are more like set-up relievers than middle relievers." "Maybe I did overpay a bit, but we had to fix this bullpen." He said something about trying to get the Wild Card.

-He has his sites on the Cards and wants to catch them...

my computer went out!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    ok im back on...

-Arroyo has been above and beyond and has been fantastic. "We couldn't ask anything more from him."

-Talks about how Narron and him like the guys who "Plays the game the right way" "Takes the extra base." These are the guys they are looking for.

-"You can take a good athelete and mold him into a player." "But it takes time"

And thats it.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Well he admitted to POSSIBLY overpaying but said "So be it." He is ready to help this team now and I would fully expect that R Cast has a lot to do with it as well.

At least we get to see exactly where his mind is at and what he is trying to do. He really feels we are in contention, and we can't complain about his getting us better. But now he has to get Narron on the right page and get him to manage the game the right way.