Thread: Yan DFA, Belisle to the DL, OF Watson claimed

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yan DFA, Belisle to the DL, OF Watson claimed

To make room on the roster for RHP Gary Majewski, LHP Bill Bray and SS Royce Clayton, the Reds today designated for assignment RHP Esteban Yan, optioned to Louisville IF William Bergolla and placed RHP Matt Belisle on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to July 10, with a strained lower back.

Additionally, today the Reds claimed off waivers from the Nationals and optioned to Louisville OF Brandon Watson.

Watson started the season with the Nationals and appeared in 9 games…on 4/13 he was optioned to Class AAA New Orleans, where in 21 games he hit .305 with 11 runs, 13 RBI and 2 stolen bases…from 5/27-7/9 he was on New Orleans’ disabled list with a dislocated left shoulder.

Watson has 165 stolen bases in 8 minor league seasons. He is the godson of 2-time National League All-Star and Reds Hall of Famer OF Eric Davis.
    When will Standridge go?

MLB ERA
    Brandon Watson is pretty bad.

At least he's fast. Not much else to say about that. He can play defense kind of at a slightly above league average level. But I suppose they needed another OF to sit behind Dewayne Wise and Quinton McCracken on the depth chart of call-ups since they don't have Denorfia to do that anymore.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I like the addition of Watson, he had the best speed in the Nationals minor league system.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    Brandon Watson is pretty bad.

At least he's fast. Not much else to say about that. He can play defense kind of at a slightly above league average level. But I suppose they needed another OF to sit behind Dewayne Wise and Quinton McCracken on the depth chart of call-ups since they don't have Denorfia to do that anymore.
    For a move where we give up nothing, I like it. He's not a bad guy for depth and could be an alright 5th OF.

At least we didn't trade Ed E for him and Tony Armas Jr.

MLB ERA
    It could end up being a nice move, but this guy's best possible projection right now literally looks like a designated runner and defensive sub.

Like this guy, but with ABs.
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/w/washihe01.shtml

And yeah, it's a waiver move so it's not giving up anything, I just figured most Reds fans knew nothing about him so tossed out some in-fo-mat-chi-one.

MLB ERA
    Standridge would seemingly have to go on Sunday when Elizardo is activated off the DL.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Glad to see Yan is gone. I guess this is a positive part to the recent trade.

Belisle is really getting hurt too much these days. I was really hoping he could be a nice part to our bullpen this year, but his health has heald him back from that.

Watson for nothing? I'll take it.

I'm shocked that Joe Mays is still here.

MLB ERA
    I know you will be upset to see Standridge possibly gone, won't you redsr?
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Honestly I would have sent Standridge packing. Yan had at least been "decent" for us in his time here. Yes he is older but he was pitching above average in a pen of dangerously bad guys.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes