Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kearns, Felo, and Wags traded to the Nats!!!

MLB ERA
    Narron: "We've got to make the routine paly every time. We've got to paly solid defense. And Royce has proven over the last 10 years he can do that. He has shown he can take charge in the infield. I"m looking forward to watching Royce help Phillips with 2B."

RF? Who will play?

Narron: "Denorfia definitely deserves a chane to play. He plays with a lot of energy. He plays with everything he's got. We've got Ryan Freel to pick up the slack and so can Dewayne Wise."

Will Denorfia stay up?

"We sure hope he does."

Krivsky:"Its up to Jerry how he gets used."

Did you have to gulp to make this deal?

"Yeah, I gulped a lot. It's two quality regular players. You just try to fit the pieces together. We gave up two quality players to get two quality players. It's tough to get quality pitching, whether it's a starter or pitcher."

Whose idea was the trade?

"We were all over the board since Friday. I can't remember who made the first call. I'd have to check my note. I think it might have been Jim. We went back and forth all over the place and this is what we settled on."

Did one guy tip the balance?

"No, it was the total package. We knew we were going to have to pay a steep price."

Did the foundation shift to the bullpen?

Krivsky: All these players are young outside of Clayton, but he plays young."

The bullpen guys aren't just for now but for the future. We like having these guys around for the long-term as well."

Phillips to SS?

"No, we've got Clayton to play SS."

(I guess Freel won't play often at 2B)

"I'm sure this will be a controversial trade. I know there will be a lot of messages on my office voice mail. I think this is a deal that's got a chance to help both teams. Jim did what he felt he had to do."

"Cincinnati leads the nation in polls, so there's probably something on the crawler now. Is it good or bad?

"We're trying to put together the best team to win. The 9-20 stretch in the last month was a concern."
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Don't forget Griffey. They'll trade him for a jock strap right now.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Wagner is a head case, primarily due to Jim Bowden.
    Kearns is good, but has a questionable work ethic.
    Lopez is not himself for whatever reason. I honestly think last year might have been a fluke.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    "I didn't want to wait around until the trade deadline. I wanted to do something that made sense now."

"I was comfortable with this trade."

"16 games is a lot of games. We've got to get pick to playing baseball like we did earlier in the year."

Wagner?

"Change of scenery. A change of scenery was in order."

Presence of Denorfia make this doable?

"Having him ready was part of it, but we had to have a deal that made sense."

Salary a factor?

"None. It's not a factor."

Concern about here and now but how about Harris and Thompson?

"Harris plays with Freel's intensity. He's a younger version of what Aurilia might be now. He plays the game hard. He's got some sock in his bat. He's got some versatility. He is an old-school baseball player. I saw him in the Arizona Fall League last year. He will go to Louisville ot start with."

"Darryl Thompson is pitching in the Vermont league. 5 IP with 8 K's. Good report on this kid when healthy. Reminds a lot of people of Oil Can when healthy. I read through a lot of reports and many said that. He's 20 years old."
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    And that was about it for the conference.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    Don't forget Griffey. They'll trade him for a jock strap right now.
    Yeah, but I really don't care about this point. Our farm really doesn't have any legit bat talent outside of Bruce (Stubbs, somewhat too, but he's far more risky in terms of projection with his bat.) We just keep getting older and older with the lineup.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the updates on the conference CRF.

He reminds people a lot of Oil Can. That's good, since Oil Can is still pitching and all. Enjoy the league average pitcher, who really had three good seasons in his career.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I can't believe that our GM just compared someone he just traded for to Oil Can Boyd!!! Unbelievable!
    rf28

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Yeah, but I really don't care about this point. Our farm really doesn't have any legit bat talent outside of Bruce (Stubbs, somewhat too, but he's far more risky in terms of projection with his bat.) We just keep getting older and older with the lineup.
    You guys have Votto too, he was a Top 75 midseason rank (higher than anything you got in this deal).

For reference sake, the Nats had two players in Rotoworld's Top 150 and one ineligible, the Reds got none of the three (Broadway, Casto, and Zimmerman)

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Thanks for the updates on the conference CRF.
    Rep upcoming

The Lopez part of this thing is his shaky defense. That's what got him traded. Kriv won't put up with shoddy defense.

I think he likes Denorfia over Kearns because he's more well rounded. He plays good defense (as does Kearns) but has more speed and makes more contact.

I won't hold my breathe now when balls are hit to SS.

MLB ERA
    Krivsky now on with Burbank on WLW:

"The price was heavy, but all in all we think it's a fair deal for the Reds."

On Clayton to SS:

"Royce Clayton's the SS. Brandon Phillips is our 2B. That's an easy one!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    The Lopez part of this thing is his shaky defense. That's what got him traded. Kriv won't put up with shoddy defense.

I think he likes Denorfia over Kearns because he's more well rounded. He plays good defense (as does Kearns) but has more speed and makes more contact.

I won't hold my breathe now when balls are hit to SS.
    So, I can expect an Adam Dunn trade by the end of the week, as Baseball Prospectus puts him as an even worse comparative fielder in terms of Runs Above Average (Defense)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    Wagner is a head case, primarily due to Jim Bowden.
    Kearns is good, but has a questionable work ethic.
    Lopez is not himself for whatever reason. I honestly think last year might have been a fluke.
    Good points. That's why they were all expendable.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast