Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kearns, Felo, and Wags traded to the Nats!!!

It's just not defensible. Even if a team has the depth to fill the positions adequately, if they get an inadequate return on the talent traded, it's still a bad trade. I find it hard, no, impossible to believe that teams aren't out there willing to trade more than that for three players under 26 with great talent and ability. You basically got a good reliever, a nice prospect RP (not Ryan Wagner good), a guy struggling in low-A, Royce Clayton, and a AAAA utility man. It's just a horrendous trade. It almost nullifies the two great trades he made before (Phillips and Arroyo respectively) in the long-term
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Lets give this deal time. Most people were complaining that Pena for Arroyo was a bum rap...

Its still a long way til July 31 so there maybe more to this deal than we know.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

The only true superstar in the deal is Kearns.

The Felipe Lopez of 2006 is not the Felipe Lopez of 2005. I think most Reds fans would agree 2005 was a fluke year for him.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I really could careless if this gets us to the postseason (which it won't), this deal ****S us in the longrun, didn't net us an equal return and is just plain short-sighted and retared from a statistical and talent standpoint.

I am really sick now.

MLB ERA
    I don't think Ryan Wagner will be a good pitcher anytime in the future. Obviously Royce Clayton will be bad, but oh well.

I'm not saying I like this trade overall, but we at least need to make sure everyone understands all of the particulars.

And what happened to all of those here who kept saying how overrated Kearns was? Oops.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    Lets give this deal time. Most people were complaining that Pena for Arroyo was a bum rap...

However, I wasn't. And I say this deal sucks testicles. As it was said, as it shall be, as Bowden has displayed his excellent wisdom in leather pantaloons.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyder

Pena could still be a star and Arroyo could still return to earth.

And what else will we trade next? Our dynamite young offense is being blown up and we don't even have a ****ing good young SP to show for it. This is a bad deal, it just can't be argued.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincy
    The only true superstar in the deal is Kearns.

The Felipe Lopez of 2006 is not the Felipe Lopez of 2005. I think most Reds fans would agree 2005 was a fluke year for him.
    His stats are extremely skewed due to a horrible year vs lefties. I believe he's still quite capable of an .850 OPS vs RHP, which would be good for among the better of NL SS's.

I just wonder if another trade is in the works.

Rookie ERA
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lol, i mean they got raped on that deal, and why cant it be cordero lol or zimmerman, i mean im fine with giving up kearns but lopez???

MLB ERA
    Well, I am going to make notes on the presser for anyone who wants to read them and I might be leaving in a little over an hour to go to the game.

The atmosphere down there will be "interesting" tonight.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    I don't think Ryan Wagner will be a good pitcher anytime in the future. Obviously Royce Clayton will be bad, but oh well.

I'm not saying I like this trade overall, but we at least need to make sure everyone understands all of the particulars.

And what happened to all of those here who kept saying how overrated Kearns was? Oops.
    I really could careless about Wagner, his stuff has not looked even close to his rookie year. His velocity was gone, his control shot and his offspeed lacking.

Kearns will be a star, I don't know how his offensive numbers will translate to RFK, but he's still a potential gold glover and a 30+HR guy.

We all need to face the fact that we are slowly turning into an ancient team with our offense. I would bet Clayton starts and not Freel.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    And I would be fine with dealing these players but the return really couldn't of been much lower. Jimbo gets proven starting position players who are young and have upside. And we get what, some prospects with limited appeal and a good young reliever? There was the quality side here and a quantity side, guess which one we're on?

Hell, his current OPS puts him 12th out of 27 regular shortstops in both leagues. If you take out players who have large contracts or are old, he's quite arguably, even with being a butcher on defense, a Top 10 SS in terms of pure trade value in this league.

Kearns is 28th among OFs. He's prolly around such a rank among overall OF trade value considering salary, age, talent, and so on. Remember, the OF pool is a lot stronger and 3x as big than a single position pool. That makes him quite valuable too.

Wagner, who knows, but even if he finds his stuff three years from now, he's a 26-year old, quality RP.

There's nothing in the deal that justifies such a trade, even giving Freel and Denorfia more PT. They didn't even get an over Top 150 prospect or even a quality, young, major leaguer. It's absurd. I thought it was a joke when I saw it posted.

Some people (message boarders) are already comparing this to the infamous Pierz for Bonser/Liriano/Nathan trade, and the Kazmir trade.

MLB ERA
    The worst part of the deal is the fact that Jerry Narron is our manager, IMO.

Just sayin'.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast