Thread: CNNSI: Kearns on the trade block

MLB ERA

CNNSI: Kearns on the trade block

"The Reds are offering outfielder Austin Kearns for pitching in hopes of repeating the Wily Mo Pena trade that put GM Wayne Krivsky on the map. Krivsky would be wise to try to resurrect the Kearns-for-Jake Westbrook deal that was discussed earlier this season, though that may be difficult because Westbrook's value has continued to rise while Kearns' has not. Krivsky might have no choice but to try to dangle Adam Dunn, perhaps as a DH to an AL team, to get what he needs."
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Oh man, here we go! Denorfia is a definite replacement for either Kearns or Dunn IMO. Of course he isnt as good as either, but he is good enough to start at an outfield position. So Krivsky should have both Dunn and Kearns on the block and see what is offered.

This won't hurt our future outfield either as it looks to be Denorfia, Dunn/Kearns, Griffey/Freel for next season. And Bruce, Denorfia, Dunn/Kearns for years after.

Get what you can Wayne!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Well, they have to do something. Might as well see what we can get.
    rf28

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Repeat after me: Do not trade Dunn. Do not trade Dunn. Do not trade Dunn.

You will not get equal value for his current talent, let alone his potential, and we are way more away than just one pitcher. For a stud, sure, pull the trigger, but that won't happen so don't even entertain the thought.

Wily Mo is a player we might regret one day, Dunn is a player we will regret if traded. In other words, shut the **** up CNNSI.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Repeat after me: Do not trade Dunn. Do not trade Dunn. Do not trade Dunn.

You will not get equal value for his current talent, let alone his potential, and we are way more away than just one pitcher. For a stud, sure, pull the trigger, but that won't happen so don't even entertain the thought.

Wily Mo is a player we might regret one day, Dunn is a player we will regret if traded. In other words, shut the **** up CNNSI.
    agreed... too bad he is only guy of value we got cant see getting a lot for kearns

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I don't know Mission, I could definitely do without him striking out 200 times a season. If this team would spend more time manufacturing runs instead of swinging from their heels, this would all be a moot point.
    rf28

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    Oh, I don't know Mission, I could definitely do without him striking out 200 times a season. If this team would spend more time manufacturing runs instead of swinging from their heels, this would all be a moot point.
    Dunn is far from untouchable IMO. He hits HRs and walks a lot. That's about it from the "pro" column. The "con" column includes Ks, .237 BA, poor defense, $8+million payroll hit, not a good run producer and questionable work ethic. I am a little cocerned that he is in his mid 20s yet he's already put on 40 lbs since his rookie year. You can tell just by looking at him that he's put on weight. I think he can handle the weight now but what will he be like in his 30s?

I think I'd holdout for more than Wily Mo fetched but I would consider moving him.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    This was in the rumors thread:
    http://www.strike3forums.com/forums/...756#post187756

Now, I doubt this is true, BUT... IF we got both Willis and Tejada, it would make sense that the reason why Edwin was held out of the last 3 games before the ASB was because he was a part of this supposed deal.

Just something to think about.
    rf28

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I wonder if it was a mix up with Miguel Tejada and Miguel Cabrera.

Anyhow, I have no clue how Krivsky could pull this off. Not even if we traded Bailey, Bruce, Wood, and Stubbs to go along with Felo and Kearns.