Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guardado traded to Reds

Still sounds more optimistic than sending out Weathers for the 7th.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan87
    Sorry guys, but Eddie sucks. His shoulder is a mess and he has lost all of his velocity, his stuff is non-exsistant. This year he is a 'here it is, please miss it' pitcher. The only guys he gets out is by luck. I don't care if Chick gets lost on his way to San Antonio and never throws a pitch, just having Eddie off our team is good enough for me.
    So basically he is Joe Mays II?

Great.

His past numbers were good but it looks like he's jumped off the cliff and is dropping at light speed to the Splat Zone.

Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll do well in the NL this year, but I'm not counting on it.

The "A" rating I had given Krivsky earlier in the year has dropped to a "B" as of right now because of some of his recent moves.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Perhaps the saddest part of this trade is that Guardado has put up a better overall performance this year than Burns, Shackelford, Dave Williams, Chris Hammond, Rick White, and Brandon Claussen.

The best part is that Eddie could miraculously rebound, but that seems unlikely. But hey, it's a start.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Great point McKain. He is no worse than anyone else we have whether he rebounds or not.

AAA ERA
    Well nobody is going to give us their stud reliever unless they are unloading for the season.. and even then it will cost us and we will likely over pay.. so getting a Major League pitcher for a prospect isn't going to piss me off.. and i will give you my reasons
    #1 like i said you can't get something for nothing, and this is sort of a nothing for nothing deal
    #2 our bullpen sucks, so worst case scenario is we replace chris hammonds with chris hammonds
    #3 There is the possibilty however slight it maybe that a change of scene may spark something.. and thereby making this a good trade.
    #4 Our GM isn't sitting on his ass

its a gamble, it probably won't pay off in a good way, but we didn't lose too much in just trying to do something, because Chick wasn't doing anything to help this ball club win games. and the way that St Louis is playing the future is now.. we have a chance at the playoffs.. lets not cradle our prospects for the future when we can do something right now

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    So basically he is Joe Mays II?

Great.

His past numbers were good but it looks like he's jumped off the cliff and is dropping at light speed to the Splat Zone.

Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll do well in the NL this year, but I'm not counting on it.

The "A" rating I had given Krivsky earlier in the year has dropped to a "B" as of right now because of some of his recent moves.
    Care to explain that? We got Guardado for essentially nothing, and almost all of his salary is being paid. How is this a high risk move?

BTW, Coffey's out as closer.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=cin

Can't say I like that but maybe he'll pull a Bronson Arroyo..

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Hmmm...

So this guy is expected to be our closer? I guess I can't hate it either because he was a closer before and Coffey is not exactly getting it done in that role. Its just time to hope for the best I guess.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun21
    Care to explain that? We got Guardado for essentially nothing, and almost all of his salary is being paid. How is this a high risk move?

I wasn't referring specifically to this move, I was talking about allowing Narron to play Castro so often and sit Freel and continue to hit Aurilia where he is and not DFA McCracken before now and being unable to add any major talent to the bullpen at this point. He has signed guys like YAN instead. We all know he had an awful track record, yet Krivsky signed up and continues to keep him on the team even though he continues to demonstrate he's as bad as ever.

And it seems Coffey didn't like the closer's role, so maybe he will be successful again as a setup guy. However, his main problem has been the inability to throw fastballs for strikes. He has had to rely too much on his other pitches lately, IMO. He needs to be able to miss more bats with his fastball.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    I wasn't referring specifically to this move, I was talking about allowing Narron to play Castro so often and sit Freel and continue to hit Aurilia where he is and not DFA McCracken before now and being unable to add any major talent to the bullpen at this point. He has signed guys like YAN instead. We all know he had an awful track record, yet Krivsky signed up and continues to keep him on the team even though he continues to demonstrate he's as bad as ever.

And it seems Coffey didn't like the closer's role, so maybe he will be successful again as a setup guy. However, his main problem has been the inability to throw fastballs for strikes. He has had to rely too much on his other pitches lately, IMO. He needs to be able to miss more bats with his fastball.
    Well there isn't exactly alot of bullpen help out there in May and June. Most teams are still trying to see if they are going to be able to put together a run for the playoffs. This is the time of the year where you rate GMs, now and after the season.

AA ERA
    well i hope a change of scenary might help Eddie because if we could get his numbers from last season then well i would be pleased with the move. Atleast Wayne is trying to make this team a better one and i like that alot so until i see him pitch in a Red's uni i'm up in the air with this deal. But he is probably better than anything we got minus Coffey(not as of late)

MLB ERA
    Time to break out the broken record player. Let's give this deal some time, the wild card has really limited the number of trades during the season cause so many teams that might have fell out of it with only the division winner getting in that they were quickeer to ditch.

I'm not expecting Eddie to come in and be the Everyday Eddie he was in Minnesota but it wouldnt be hard for him to come in and be an improvement over someone in the pen. Maybe Mercker or Weathers gets the axe (BTW still believe we should have traded them last year while they had SOME value) maybe Mays gets demoted but then who would start?

Let me throw some names out to the masses cause I dont know a lot of the players in Louisville:

Scott Chiasson, Darrell May (starter), Chris Michalak (starter), Jake Robbins, Tom Shearn, Mike Venafro all look to be having good years at AAA. Any info would be appreciated if any knows much about them.

Guys at AA (although I don't expect them to make the jump since Wayne doesn't seem to believe in skipping levels):
    Carlos Guerva, Steven Kelly, Jonathan Coutlangus, Calvin Medlock, Jim Abbott (this CANT be the one arm bandit is it?!?!), Brock Till, Calvin Medlock, Calvin Alvarado all seem to be doing well at AA beyond the phenom and Dumatrait who we have all heard about. Just wanting to see what is known about the minors.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12