Thread: Elizardo Ramirez optioned to Dayton/ EdE called up

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Elizardo Ramirez optioned to Dayton/ EdE called up

Just read it in the news and notes section of the game wrapup. Why Dayton?
    rf28

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Am I missing something? That just doesn't make a lot of sense on the surface.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    They said they demoted him to Dayton in order to keep him on his regular rest.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    The title of this should be changed, as he was optioned there so the team could call Edwin up. They want him on his regular rest for a start 10 days from last night's start. He can't be called up for 10 days, but that's OK as his next start(in Dayton now) will be on Monday and he will then start the following Saturday after other pitchers pitch on Thursday/Friday after the break.

It still is a bit curious that they would make that move though. It seems to portend the team stalling in terms of a possible trade that is getting close to happening.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Exactly what I was thinking when I read this CRF. Then again, I am always suspecting a trade of some kind.

But, are you saying that Lizard is likely going to be called up after those 10 days? If not, we have a 4 man rotation right now and that isn't going to cut it. It will have to be him being called back up or Wilson or Claussen somehow coming back. (I dont know there time frame off hand). Or a trade coming very soon.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    Exactly what I was thinking when I read this CRF. Then again, I am always suspecting a trade of some kind.

But, are you saying that Lizard is likely going to be called up after those 10 days? If not, we have a 4 man rotation right now and that isn't going to cut it. It will have to be him being called back up or Wilson or Claussen somehow coming back. (I dont know there time frame off hand). Or a trade coming very soon.
    i haven't looked at the schedule, but if the days off work right, they could manage with just a 4 man rotation until he is called back up

duh what am i thinking, of course it works out.. with the All Star Break.. we won't need 5 pitchers because they would all get plenty of rest from the All Star break

MLB ERA
    Yeah, Elizardo will start in Dayton on Monday night and then again for the Reds next Saturday.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I wonder who will be optioned/DFAed (cough... Mays... cough) to make room for Lizard when he gets back? Either that or someone will get dealt.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    The fun moves are coming tomorrow(Guardado) and in just over a week(Ramirez). Who gets dumped will be very interesting. I would say Mays and Weathers are good candidates or perhaps someone like Standridge.