Thread: Some interesting Reds statistics...

MLB ERA

Some interesting Reds statistics...

Lance McAlister apparently crunched the numbers regarding the following issues:

Reds record Monday thru Friday: 33-19, .635

Reds record on the weekend: 7-16, .304

Where's the pop?
    This offense has scored fewer than 3 runs 20 times this year! 1-19 record
    When this team homers they are 32-19
    When this team does not homer they are 8-16

Freel Factor
    When Ryan Freel starts this team is 29-20 .591
    When Ryan Freel does not start this team is 11-15 .423

Catch this!
    When Jason LaRue starts this team is 17-11 .607
    When David Ross starts this team is 15-13 .535

Who's on first?
    When Rich Aurilia starts at 1B they are 12-6
    When Hatteberg starts at 1B they are 28-27
    When Adam Dunn starts at 1B they are 0-2

Center of attention
    When Ken Griffey Jr starts in CF they are 21-22
    When Ryan Free starts in CF they are 16-11
    When anyone other than Jr starts in CF they are 19-13

Moneyball this
    Ken Griffey Jr's on base percentage is .315, lowest of career

Where's the pipeline?
    The Reds have 23 pitchers on their 40-man roster, only two were drafted by Jim Bowden...Todd Coffey and Ryan Wagner. Only 3 total came from within the system including Chris Hammond.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Wow we take that "sunday is a day of rest" seriously....

Most of those numbers are not surprising except CF (which would constitute McCracken, Kearns, and anyone else?), Aurilia's record as starting 1b, and catcher cause I didnt realize LaRue had that many starts.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    I think the CF stats(after thinking about it) include Freel and his five over .500 record out there. Anyone else other than Freel appear to be one over .500 out there. Look at the correlation in Freel playing period and specific positions to the team's W-L record. I find it rather interesting.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    In other words, start Freel as often as possible, quit partying on the weekend, and start thinking about trading Junior.

Nah, just had to say that these are very interesting stats to say the least. But a few of them do not make sense. I mean how is this team playing better with a catcher that has a .165 than a catcher .323 BA? Is LaRue that much better at calling a game behind the plate that it makes it much better to start him? Overall though, its good stuff.

C you there
    MLB ERA
    hell no to trading griffey

come on griffey hang in there for a few more years for your Tenear (sp) to kick in, so you can deny any trade they try and do with you in it lol

Griffey's OBP is down about 50 points from his career totals, but his strikeout totals are also down considerably. Perhaps there is some corellation there, I won't be upset with that as long as he's sluggin .500+ and knocking in runs.

MLB ERA
    His OBP and strikeouts are both down because he is trying too hard to make contact and swinging at too many first pitches, which is a problem I've tried to highlight for much of the season. He will likely produce more when his strikeout totals go up, because that means he will be having better AB more often, even if that leads to more strikeouts.

C you there
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    His OBP and strikeouts are both down because he is trying too hard to make contact and swinging at too many first pitches, which is a problem I've tried to highlight for much of the season. He will likely produce more when his strikeout totals go up, because that means he will be having better AB more often, even if that leads to more strikeouts.
    he's got a good point

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    In other words, start Freel as often as possible, quit partying on the weekend, and start thinking about trading Junior.

Nah, just had to say that these are very interesting stats to say the least. But a few of them do not make sense. I mean how is this team playing better with a catcher that has a .165 than a catcher .323 BA? Is LaRue that much better at calling a game behind the plate that it makes it much better to start him? Overall though, its good stuff.
    im with you on this one.. these are those stupid stats.. like who leads the team in hits after the 7th inning in night games on tuesdays for the month of august.. Right now Ross is the best option at Catcher based on his numbers.. when he isn't hitting anymore maybe move to someone else.. but you have to play the hot hand i don't care what these things say.. these have been and always will be for show and usually mean very little in the long run