Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EdE begins rehab tomorrow

MLB ERA

EdE begins rehab tomorrow

Edwin begins a rehab assignment tomorrow(Tuesday) and is expected to be activated off the DL for the Indians series on Friday night.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yep, I cant wait to have him back for real. If he is back by the Indians series, I will be very happy to say the least.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Could this be the spark our offense needs? Ed E can get it done and take some pressure off other bats if he starts performing pretty soon after his return. Whatever the case may be, I am looking forward to having him back in the lineup.

MLB ERA
    Is Aurilla really doing THAT bad of a job?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    To be honest, he is not doing too bad. I rather have him patrolling around 1B with Hatteberg though and get the occassional start at 3B. I like Aurilia because he is a contact type hitter and if for no other reason its because we dont have many of those on this team.

Then again, that contact is not really becoming much these days. A .263 AVG is not exactly getting it done, but he has only struck out 21 times in 175 ABs.

I guess we can make of it what we want, but in some ways he is good to have and in others he is not. I simply like having the contact hitter in there but choose to dislike where Narron puts him in the lineup. And I would still much rather have Hatteberg start at 1B and EdE at 3B.

MLB ERA
    Aurilia has been a black hole against RHP. Just terrible. The team definitely needs Edwin back.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    It looks like EdE won't be back tonight as they still want him to have more "time" to get better. He had a hit and a couple of BB last night in AAA and has hit VERY well since he's been there, but I'm sure Jerry wants to wait as long as possible to get Rich some more starts at 3B.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Maybe they're trying to showcase someone (Aurilia or Freel I guess) to perhaps clear out the jam of players.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Maybe they're trying to showcase someone (Aurilia or Freel I guess) to perhaps clear out the jam of players.
    Aurilia being showcased? We all could only wish. But if he could get us some bullpen help, I would be surprised. Remember nobody wanted him this offseason so he came back to the Nati.

Unless someone is liking how he is playing, then I don't see it happening.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Teams trade insignificant players all the time, but you still want to maximize the value you get and usually the way to that is through production which goes hand in hand with playing time. Aurilia is what he is, can play all four spots in the infield, salary is pretty reasonable and he just murders LHP (and gets killed by righties consequently.) Somebody with a near 1.100 OPS vs lefties and position versatility would have value. The problem with Aurilia and this team is that Narron refuses to accept that he can't hit RHP. OF course his power being skewed towards home (like last year) would diminish a lot of that value. I am personally ok with the fact that we won't be doing much come this deadline, we don't have the minor league depth to do so obviously. But if we can clear out some of the major league depth... for something, I'll be much happier with that then doing a foolish trade for Ryan Freel (in which you would not see a team giving equal value to what we would be losing.)

MLB ERA
    I hope that's what's going on, but I just don't know if Narron would be able to accept losing Rich.

Again I ask, why does everybody hate Rich Aurilia?

I guess if he made 8.5M and only cared about winning a personal popularity contest he would be liked by fans.

But really guys, Lopez is the one who should be going. He does have trade value and I doubt we'll be able to afford Dunn, Kearns, AND LOPEZ all in the years to come. Move Phillips to short, and Aurilia/Freel/Castro can handle second.

MLB ERA
    No one "hates" Aurilia, but he has been awful against RHP all year long.

There just always seems to be negative feedback with Aurilia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast