Thread: Griffey passes Schmidt with #549 in Reds win.

Whatchu know about 'dat? Cambodia's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Griffey passes Schmidt with #549 in Reds win.

Click here for article/video.

Only 14 homers away from the top 10, pretty impressive.

First time we've won a series against Cleveland since 1997.

Game notes
    The Reds snapped their longest homerless streak of the season at five games. ... The Reds were successful on 14 straight steal attempts until 1B Scott Hatteberg was thrown out by Cleveland C Kelly Shoppach in the seventh. ... Sowers' first pitch was a called strike to Ryan Freel, who came in hitting .536 (15-for-28) in his last six road games. ... A crowd of 33,139 brought the three-game total to 99,138, the largest series attendance at Jacobs Field in 2006.

Ramirez didn't have the best game, which is no surprise, but a win is a win.

I think Ramirez has been one of the most pleasant surprises of the year for us this year, up there with Phillips and Arroyo in my opinion.

MLB ERA
    It looks to me like Elizardo had a pretty good game today. He'll give up his share of hits, but typically keeps the BB total way down.

Good to see the HR ball return today. I hope that trend continues. And we got some shutout relief work too, which is pretty stunning!
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.