MLB ERA

homers line for his first AA start

6 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 7 K

i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Fantastic, just fantastic. Now let's Homer get used to this competition and continue to develop his approach to the game and his pitches. 0 walks and more strikeouts than innings pitched... that just thrilles me to see.

Good to hear that Bailey had a good start in AA. I'd love to see Homer pitch soon. He was on my radar in my fantasy league, and I am really high on the kid, as well as Mark Rogers from the NL Central. Hopefully the youngsters like Rogers, Bailey, Reyes are around for years to come.

Bailey dominant in debut. Carolina pretty devoid of hitting prospects but still impressive. Sat at 92-97 MPH with FB, 85-86 with slider, 78-80 with CB. Two nice defensive plays helped him out, Moran throwing out Molina (who had reached on an error) at the plate in the top of the 2nd and Asadoorian (CF) throwing out Arlis (the Carolina catcher) at 3b in the top of the 3rd when he tried to extend a double.

Pretty efficient use of his fastball. Lives at 92-95, then when he gets to 2 strikes he breaks out the last gear and hits 97-98. Last pitch of the nite was 98 MPH FB to K Bear swinging for third time. All strikeouts were swinging. 95 pitches.

Stuff reminds me of Billingsley. Easy motion. Easy velocity. Cincy, keep your fingers crossed he stays healthy. Legit, legit, legit.

from: http://www.minorleagueball.com/story.../22/224748/778

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    This is awesome! This is the guy we need to bookmark and continue to watch develop. Great first outing by Homer. Keep it going young stud.

Rookie ERA
    So is bails good as people exspected him to be? and when will he come up to the mlb level?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mfcm90
    So is bails good as people exspected him to be? and when will he come up to the mlb level?
    I think the track the organization has him set on is probably September 2007. That would give him a full year basically at AAA. The organization sees what has happened with Ryan Wagner and dont want the same thing to happen with Bailey. I would guess Best Case Scenario Opening Day 2007 barring any mishaps, injuries, etc.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

AAA ERA
    So Bailey has a shot of pitching at Louisville this season? I wouldn't mind going to one of his pitching days this year in Louisivlle and see how far he has come along.

If he continues to dominate for the rest of this season and has a great spring training he might be in the rotation early next year.

MLB ERA
    ^no

he shouldn't be making any MLB time until sept 1st next year. and no starting role until 2008.

we need not rush bailey
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild
    ^no

he shouldn't be making any MLB time until sept 1st next year. and no starting role until 2008.

we need not rush bailey
    It's not rushing him if he keeps pitching this way, no need to baby the guy he'll be 21 early next year.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild
    ^no

we need not rush bailey
    Agreed.

Krivsky does too.

As he said, he wants him to be good enough when he comes up that he hopefully won't need to be sent back down. That's all part of the "developing pitchers" process that we have sorely lacked in over the last several years.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

The pitcher will tell you when he's ready, if he keeps dominating with very few poor outings there's no reason to keep him in the minors for a year and a half.

MLB ERA
    The problem is, there have been players who have dominated in the minors and then proven to not be ready when they get to the big leagues. I trust in Krivsky's scouting eye to make a judgment on when he's ready to come up.

Rushing him would be bad for everyone involved.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Plus we have to remember that this was a kid many (I don't think many here) were wondering what all the fuss was about. Most here took the highs with the lows, but that's just it, Bailey will go through those still. Besides, even if he just dominates without stopping, I would just rather be safe than sorry. At the earliest, August/September of 2007, and that's if he performs consistently without setbacks.

No need to call him up just because we have him or to raise fan interest if we have another dull free agency.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast