Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: homers line for his first AA start

Time to start seriously considering calling this guy up in a month or so...

MLB ERA
    ^^no
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Get used to hearing that ghetto, he's better right now than anyone we have in the bullpen, including Coffey!

I agree he needs more time to work on his intangibles (poise, etc.), but he is a refreshing sight to see in an organization that has been starving for a legitimate pitching phenom for years.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    Get used to hearing that ghetto, he's better right now than anyone we have in the bullpen, including Coffey!

I agree he needs more time to work on his intangibles (poise, etc.), but he is a refreshing sight to see in an organization that has been starving for a legitimate pitching phenom for years.
    he needs to learn how to mix up his pitches, how not only to rely on his fastball but his CB and CU, and work on his curve more.

he's still a year away from seeing ANY ML time. there is no reason to rush this kid. sure he's tearing it up. but he is still far away from a callup.

wayne knows whats up. he feels the same way. narron doesn't. thats why narron needs to GTFO.

The guy is the best pitching prospect in baseball, you HAVE to consider bringing him up here if he continues this dominance.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't go so far as to say he's the best pitching prospect in baseball. He's good, but not that good yet.
    rf28

AAA ERA
    i think he needs to see some AAA batters before you start jumping the gun.. sometime after the All Star break he should get in AAA and finish off the season.. I still think there is no way he should be up here till spring

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    I wouldn't go so far as to say he's the best pitching prospect in baseball. He's good, but not that good yet.
    Uh, there's not much doubt that he is. Tell me someone better?

MLB ERA
    you're being over zelous.

he's still got tons of work to be worked on. i read an article saying that homer is tipping his changeup by slowing down his armspeed. comon mistake among young pitchers.

he's got the stuff no doubt, but there is no need to a)crush his confidence and b)rush him into the majors. let him keep doing what he is doing. we don't need another ryan wagner or brian reith on our hands.

As an outside observer, I don't think it's that huge of a stretch to say Homer Bailey may be the best prospect pitcher who hasn't reached the majors this season. Hughes (NYY) is up there, and if you count prospects that have been called up, you have guys like Verlander, Papelbon, Lester, Liriano, Hernandez, Billingsley, etc. in the mix
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    homer was topping 98 on the gun today in the futures game. but all he was throwing was fastballs and got rocked for a couple hits and a run.

like i said, he needs to throw offspeed stuff.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild
    homer was topping 98 on the gun today in the futures game. but all he was throwing was fastballs and got rocked for a couple hits and a run.

like i said, he needs to throw offspeed stuff.
    Maybe they (The Reds Organization) asked him not to overly tax his arm for an all star game and threw just fastballs for that reason?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Rookie ERA
    yea, I think they needed to get another arm like bails instead of picking stubbs in the draft.....

MLB ERA
    Tracy Jones said after seeing him today that he thinks he still needs to be in the minors for now.

I agree.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Bailey had a blister on his throwing hand yesterday, meaning he could throw no offspeed pitches. I don't think we saw the real Bailey yesterday.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123